ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-newborn.html

I bet there was some family bust up.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-30316706

That woman should've been sectioned.

ReputationRep:
    Don't hospitals look after babies, why was she allowed to just walk off with the sprog?

ReputationRep:
    the mother's body has been found by the Clifton Suspension Bridge. no doubt her baby perished there as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    the mother's body has been found by the Clifton Suspension Bridge. no doubt her baby perished there as well.
    Blimey, close to home for me.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope the woman wasn't so selfish that she decided to kill the baby as well as herself.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Post-natal depression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Post-natal depression?
    That's what I thought.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by daisychain_)
    That's what I thought.
    Does it usually come on that quickly? I have no idea about these things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Does it usually come on that quickly? I have no idea about these things.
    Neither do I, maybe. Pregnancy messes with women's hormones so it could be that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Post-natal depression?
    or Post partum psychosis

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately it appears she murdered the baby as well poor kid, post natal depression doesn't give her free reign to do as she wants. Remember last year some soldier who was nearly killed in Afghanistan and watched his mates being slaughtered came back with PTSD and murdered his young daughter this forum slaughtered him and rightly so but why is it different for a woman may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    The lady already had depression and schizophrenia, she came off the meds to breastfeed, which she shouldn't have done as her mental health is more important. Who knows what state of mind she was in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pixie-x)
    The lady already had depression and schizophrenia, she came off the meds to breastfeed, which she shouldn't have done as her mental health is more important. Who knows what state of mind she was in.
    Her mental health is more important than her baby's life?

ReputationRep:
    So an essentially psychotic woman was allowed to handle a baby?

There should be an inquiry into the pathetic security and protection measures in that hospital.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evening)
    A suicidal mum is far worse than a baby having formula milk. Formula doesn't kill you, being suicidal obviously does.

ReputationRep:
    This is so tragic. She had mental health problems and I think she had to stop her medication due to breastfeeding. The hospital and family should have monitored her more closely. Why was she allowed to leave in just hospital slippers and a tiny blanket for the baby in this weather

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pixie-x)
    A suicidal mum is far worse than a baby having formula milk. Formula doesn't kill you, being suicidal obviously does.
    You're dodging the question. Do you think she's justified in killing her baby as well as herself?

ReputationRep:
    What are you talking about? She needs to take medication. She doesn't need to breast feed.

ReputationRep:
    You're dodging the question. Do you think she's justified in killing her baby as well as herself?
    Were you asking a question?? Of course she isn't but maybe she would still be alive if she was taking her meds

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.