The Student Room Group

Preperation for GCSE help:)

Hey everyone,
now before I begin, I would just like to let everyone know that I am currently in Year 9 (still first term), and am NOT going to be studying for GCSE like all day from Year 9.

I am unsure if many know, however some GCSE schemes are going to be changing in 2017, and that is when we are taking our GCSE then - Basically, we are going to be the first batch doing the 'different' GCSE.

Now, though I have only heard, the GCSE is going to be a little harder... And for some reason, I am kinda worried about it.

I do not plan on studying 'ahead' at home for GCSE subjects as I am afraid that I will confuse myself and not understand everything and simply waste time. Therefore, I am kind of unsure of what to do.

I would love to receive some suggestions and ideas on what to do in this situation, and please DO consider the fact of the changing GCSE.

Thanks for reading!
Most GCSEs will be changed due to Michael Gove- You can thank him for that

Edit: If i were you i would start revising just to get a head start.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by arrey
Hey everyone,
now before I begin, I would just like to let everyone know that I am currently in Year 9 (still first term), and am NOT going to be studying for GCSE like all day from Year 9.

I am unsure if many know, however some GCSE schemes are going to be changing in 2017, and that is when we are taking our GCSE then - Basically, we are going to be the first batch doing the 'different' GCSE.

Now, though I have only heard, the GCSE is going to be a little harder... And for some reason, I am kinda worried about it.

I do not plan on studying 'ahead' at home for GCSE subjects as I am afraid that I will confuse myself and not understand everything and simply waste time. Therefore, I am kind of unsure of what to do.

I would love to receive some suggestions and ideas on what to do in this situation, and please DO consider the fact of the changing GCSE.

Thanks for reading!

From what i have heard a while back is that the current year 9s will be affected by the new GCSE maths syllabus that has come to place. If i were you i would start revising as much as i can as sometimes you may not cover the whole topics in class.
Reply 3
Original post by German123
From what i have heard a while back is that the current year 9s will be affected by the new GCSE maths syllabus that has come to place. If i were you i would start revising as much as i can as sometimes you may not cover the whole topics in class.

Thanks for the reply, however a bit more information could help!
Original post by arrey
Hey everyone,

Thanks for reading!

"Different" GCSES= A lot harder GCSEs than the current ones
Reply 5
"Different" GCSES= A lot harder GCSEs than the current ones

:frown: *Sigh
Original post by arrey
Thanks for the reply, however a bit more information could help!

The board of education are implying that the current GCSE sylabuses are too easy and need to be thoughend up and that is why they are planning those changes. Those changes are bad as the GCSE papers will be more challenging than beforevfor example, the new GCSE maths sylabuss that has been put to place is full of A level maths including the foundation paper. Imo all this is just ridiculous as how can you expect 15 year olds to know A level maths? The board of education is in sane and thats for sure.
Reply 7
The board of education are implying that the current GCSE sylabuses are too easy and need to be thoughend up and that is why they are planning those changes. Those changes are bad as the GCSE papers will be more challenging than beforevfor example, the new GCSE maths sylabuss that has been put to place is full of A level maths including the foundation paper. Imo all this is just ridiculous as how can you expect 15 year olds to know A level maths? The board of education is in sane and thats for sure.

What shall I do :confused:
Original post by arrey
:frown: *Sigh

This must be so hard for you. Now i know that i am lucky not to be in year 9
Original post by arrey
I am sure you r teachers at school will tell you more about the new GCSE changes. Imo you should not give up and do everything that you can in order to succed for example getting a head start in lessons, doing past papers, using revision guides etc.
Original post by arrey
Hey everyone,

Thanks for reading!

Do not worry about getting confused by starting ahead. From exeperience starting ahead is a good thing as when it comes to class work you wuill know what you are doing.
Reply 11
Thanks for the tips man,
if you do possibly have any others tips, I'd love to hear them.
Original post by arrey

Looking at the spec for your exam board is a must, find out what you need to know and learn at least some of it.
Original post by arrey
Thanks for the tips man,

Revision is key

Edit: Remember do not panic
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by arrey
Thanks for the tips man,

Always Remember "Winners are to busy too be sad, too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic too be fearful, and too determined too be defeated."
couldn't you, at any chance. finish your GCSEs next year when u r finished with your year 10 if you r so concerned about the new GCSEs? I did it after my year 10 and am pretty satisfied with my results. hope this help you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gcses are piss easy.stop acting dumb

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending