The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm 26 and am still trying to figure things out. So I guess I haven't quite realised yet :facepalm: At the moment I identify as a heteroromantic lesbian (lesbian for ease) but I've not done anything (even kissing!) with anyone of either gender, so I tend to confuse myself if I think about it too much :tongue:

I guess I first started questioning my sexuality when I was 21. I had a uni counsellor who insisted I was a lesbian and kept banging on about it in sessions...

I'm also from quite a conservative Roman Catholic background but unlike the OP, my mother has been very supportive. Even though I haven't actually said anything to her explicitly about thinking I'm a lesbian! :o: My dad has no idea but my mum reckons he'd get over it eventually if I ever *did* say anything to him about it. It was a weight off my mind when my mum said this because a huge worry for me was how my father would react :colondollar:
Original post by TheStoryteller
This is very similar to what I went through and I realised when I was 17 as well. It feels a bit better when you come out to yourself and once you're fully okay with it and you stop caring about what others might think of you, it'll all be uphill from there :smile: Just make sure that you brush off any negativity that might come your way and you'll be okay :smile:

Yeah, I definitely felt like a weight had been lifted when I finally came to terms with it :biggrin: It helps that my mum is really open about sexuality discussions, so I came out to her almost straight away and I've just been getting happier ever since!
I believe it's when I slept next to my gay friend and as I was trying to sleep he unzipped my trousers and I found it quite arousing. I've been confused and bi-curious for 4 years, I believe this part of the reason I retreated to the interwebz
Reply 23
Original post by MrMango
my son keeps hanging with girls at playgroup im worried he might be identifying himself as female..

Posted from TSR Mobile

you sure he is not just trying to get a girlfriend?:perv:
still waiting
All of my fantasies are the same sex and masturbate to hot guys in underwear. Some days I still think I’m straight
When I was 14
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I realised I was gay when I was little kid tbh. I was always different to my brother and I always kept my room clean, and liked drawing.

You do realise that keeping your room clean and drawing isn't indicative of being gay, right?

You may very well be gay, but that has absolutely nothing to do with tidying up or having a penchant for art.

Latest