Report 4 years ago
the writer make you feel sorry for lennie as he is confused
hope this helped
Zeetingman
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That reply actually helped me, i'm also studying this novel. Can you explain your point using PEE?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
beyknowles
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ricman2)
Can you help me with an exam question,
How does john Steinbeck control the readers response to Lennie small. Thanks
If it is just 1 PEE point that you need then look below, but if this is a whole question (I think it's worth 15 marks?) then speak about how Lennie changes throughout the novel and how the readers opinion/response to Lennie changes i.e. at first it is innocent so we sympathise but then towards the middle and coming to the end he becomes a real problem for George and we hear about why they had to run from Weed so we begin to sympathise for George and our response to Lennie changes a little bit, however we always feel sorry for him no matter what he does, because he doesn't know right from wrong.

It feels great writing about this, I haven't written about it since June. I got an A* in the exam where I had to write about Of Mice and Men and The Woman in Black, I absolutely loved that exam, especially when writing about OMAM.

(Original post by Zeetingman)
That reply actually helped me, i'm also studying this novel. Can you explain your point using PEE?!Posted from TSR Mobile
Steinbeck evokes emotions of sympathy, and at times admiration, through the character of Lennie, by making him come across as childish and innocent, for example George is always having to repeat himself to Lennie, "Add a quote here, I studied it last year at GCSE but I can't think of one, something like 'What did I tell ya? Stop ...' " just like a parents has to with a child. His childish natures allows us to connect with him easily and therefore, although he does "bad things" in the words of George, we never cease to sympathise with him as a character.

You can make it better if you want
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads