Is OCR Mechanics 2 self-teachable? Watch

EmJames
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey everyone,

I am currently studying for A Level Maths and AS Further Maths. It has worked out that my A Level modules will be C1, 2, 3, and 4, D1, and M1. My Further Maths modules will be S1, D2, and FP1 at the moment. However, in my AS exams I got a C in S1 (which is why I'm now replacing it with D1) but I'm now predicted a C in Further Maths because of it, even though I am averaging As in my other modules, and would like to aim for an A in Further Maths and can't face resitting Stats 1.

I'm also going to uni next year to do an MPhys so Mechanics 2 would potentially be very useful and most of it is covered in my A2 physics course as well anyways, but the only problem is that I'm already self teaching FP1 and D2, and, even though I'm managing the workload well at the moment, I don't want to potentially overwork myself by self teaching a module that I know from my friends who take the A2 at my sixth form is very difficult?

I just want to know if you guys think it would be too difficult to do, or just not worth doing considering I'm off to uni anyways and my AS isn't part of my offer?

Thanks for all the help guys,

Emily
LearnOnline
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by EmJames)
Hey everyone,

I am currently studying for A Level Maths and AS Further Maths. It has worked out that my A Level modules will be C1, 2, 3, and 4, D1, and M1. My Further Maths modules will be S1, D2, and FP1 at the moment. However, in my AS exams I got a C in S1 (which is why I'm now replacing it with D1) but I'm now predicted a C in Further Maths because of it, even though I am averaging As in my other modules, and would like to aim for an A in Further Maths and can't face resitting Stats 1.

I'm also going to uni next year to do an MPhys so Mechanics 2 would potentially be very useful and most of it is covered in my A2 physics course as well anyways, but the only problem is that I'm already self teaching FP1 and D2, and, even though I'm managing the workload well at the moment, I don't want to potentially overwork myself by self teaching a module that I know from my friends who take the A2 at my sixth form is very difficult?

I just want to know if you guys think it would be too difficult to do, or just not worth doing considering I'm off to uni anyways and my AS isn't part of my offer?

Thanks for all the help guys,

Emily
Afternoon Emily,

If you do not need to obtain the grade for Uni placement, then you need to think carefully before putting yourself under the extra strain of learning another topic on your own.

You are however correct, and M2 will be useful to you if you are planning to study Physics.

Have you considered studying the M2 module with support from a tutor? - A level Mathematics : Mechanics M2

Matt - LearnOnline
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (215)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
6.93%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.57%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.26%

Watched Threads