Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...

I went to uni with Will Young (he was in my Sociology of the Arts class and lived across the road from me).

Also have met Muse and got rare CD cover signed by them. Matt Bellamy is v short.

Had my biggest ever celebrity-spotting day last weekend - saw Phil Jupitus in Tesco, Martin Freeman (Tim from the Office) in Tower Records, and Fearne Cotton in Covent Garden. Marvellous.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm..claims to fame:

- I once kissed one of the Grandson's of one of the Lilt women!
    - I used to go out with an academy Spurs player.
    - When I was working in Mulberry in London I said hello to Chris De Burgh
    - I said hello to Frank Lampard in the queue for Suar Reef in London
    - I was once interviewed by the BBC after an Italy match
    - Ant and Dec came to my Summer Fair to sign autographs when I was about 7 and they were still known as PJ and Duncan.
    - Also, as established on another thread...I live in the town that Peter Andre grew up in (Wonderful Harrow in North West London)

Woo..aren't I the celeb!

ReputationRep:
    I touched Jimmy Saville.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I touched Jimmy Saville.
    Eeeeuuuuuuuwwww.

ReputationRep:
    My dad was in Katrina and the Waves (biggest hits include "Walking on Sunshine", "Sun Street", "Love Shine a light"). Several worldwide top 10 hits and they took the piss out of Eurovision when they trounced it in 1997.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interiority)
    Where?

I almost killed Sir Patrick Moore. I wasn't looking where I was going and ran right into him.
    Twas a lie

I've got better things to do with my time then 'say hi' to celebs.

ReputationRep:
    i once met someone on the internet who shook Jimmy Saville's hand. ......

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any. I guess I could say I live in the same place as some famous or infamous people, but these people aren't nice people at all and therefore I don't want to be assosciated with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    I don't have any. I guess I could say I live in the same place as some famous or infamous people, but these people aren't nice people at all and therefore I don't want to be assosciated with them.
    you live in jail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    you live in jail?
    Well, not quite but as good as!

Nah, we have loads of local toe-rags, which will not be of any interest to you. Unless you live locally, to me.

ReputationRep:
    My uncle played a game of tennis with Richard Branson and accidentally gave him a black eye. There was a Queen called up during the match asking Richerd to send some of his aeroplanes to the country.
    That's it really. Being isolated in the north of scotland there are few celebrities. Though my friends saw Billy Connoly shopping in Aberdeen cos he lives quite near.

ReputationRep:
    I saw Janice Battersby from Corrie in a Cantonese take-away in Barrow.

I've met John Humphrys twice but not 'properly', just said hello and shook his hand and talked about something very mundane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marie55)
    My uncle played a game of tennis with Richard Branson and accidentally gave him a black eye. There was a Queen called up during the match asking Richerd to send some of his aeroplanes to the country.
    That's it really. Being isolated in the north of scotland there are few celebrities. Though my friends saw Billy Connoly shopping in Aberdeen cos he lives quite near.
    the queen ask richard branson to send soem of his aeroplanes to scotland?? huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I saw Janice Battersby from Corrie in a Cantonese take-away in Barrow.

I've met John Humphrys twice but not 'properly', just said hello and shook his hand and talked about something very mundane.
    You should have popped up to Hurst Green today and you would have met the Duke of Westminster. It isn't every day you are only a couple of miles away from Britains richest man. He was inspecting the CCF.

ReputationRep:
    You should have popped up to Hurst Green today and you would have met the Duke of Westminster. It isn't every day you are only a couple of miles away from Britains richest man. He was inspecting the CCF.
    The only thing he has achieved on his own merit is being born.

ReputationRep:
    And lets be fair, that was his mother and fathers fault too :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So he didn't take a de-tour to Clitheroe Grammar then? Shame.

ReputationRep:
    We don't want you to feel all left out now:

I'm sure there will be some pictures in the Clitheroe Advertiser.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    hes no longer britains riches man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    hes no longer britains riches man
    Yeh, 'cause everyone in Clitheroe robbed him. I know I would.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.