Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have been struggling at work recently and I may be dismissed.

Thing is, if this does happen I will be quite upset but I know for sure my parents will be very upset.

Although they have noticed me being upset and depressed and have asked me I have simply lied and now I feel bad.

I feel that if I tell them they may panic.

I don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    talk to your parents, they may even be able to advise you on your work situation, if nothing can be done at least you will have some support

I'd imagine they would be quite hurt when they eventually found out that you hadn't told them

ReputationRep:
    Have you been stealing boxes?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    talk to your parents, they may even be able to advise you on your work situation, if nothing can be done at least you will have some support

I'd imagine they would be quite hurt when they eventually found out that you hadn't told them
    I agree.

Why might you get dismissed??

ReputationRep:
    First sign you notice you are too slow/ not as efficient as everyone that is when you need to ramp it up and turn into superman/woman. Not do the opposite and go to work moping around because then all you are doing is increasing your chances of getting dismissed.

Definitely go to your Manager and let them know you'd like to improve and ask them to help you.

Oh and regarding your parents, just let them know what is going on, they'll be there for you.

Even if the worst happens I'm sure they'd appreciate seeing it coming and they can support you. I'm sure most parents prefer to be informed as things happen rather than after the fact.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.