Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've proposed (and won) "This house would incite religious hatred" before. That was a challenge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrism)
    I've proposed (and won) "This house would incite religious hatred" before. That was a challenge.
    Haha! Well done! How on earth did you swing that argument?

ReputationRep:
    It was around the time the government was proposing the law regarding incitement to religious hatred. I used the freedom of speech/conscience argument - that government should not regulate how you feel or how you express those feelings unless they cause direct harm to others - as well as arguing against the specific elements of the bill and how they were drawn in such a way that perfectly innocuous comments would become actionable.

My partner (an atheist) simply argued that religion is bad and irrational, is responsible for war etc. and various other things.

ReputationRep:
    Rape - Better with or without a condom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehjonny)
    Was their any throwing of furniture? :p:
    *there:hat: :ymca:

ReputationRep:
    Is the Holocaust just a figment of a zionist's imagination?

ReputationRep:
    Some ideas
    Abortion is never justified
    Coporal punishment should be brought back to school
    Adopters should not be allowed to trans-racially adopt
    Israel is a rogue state
    The Iraqi war was a mistake
    Gay marriage should be legal around the world
    Age of consent should be lowered
    The UK should leave the EU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jyeom12)
    *there:hat: :ymca:
    Oh my... :facepalm2: Did you really just bump a thread from 2006 just to correct a grammatical error? :sigh:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.