Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my first year at university studying an equine science degree. I'm at an agricultural college which is in the middle of nowhere and I don't know whether to quit or not.

I'm finding the course quite boring and there's nothing to do outside of lecture time as its about 20 minutes away from a town.

I'm considering changing course but I don't know what course I'd change to something around a drama/creative writing/film degree, which I know is quite a big change but is something I've always been interested in.

I don't know whether to stick it out, see if it gets better next year when I'll be living in the town, I can get a job and have a bit more of a social life. Although this won't make the course less boring it may make it more bearable as I won't just be sitting in my room all day.

The main problem is that I can't imagine doing this degree for 3 years, but its better to have a degree then not a degree?? I also have no clue what I want to do for a career which makes it hard to motivate myself and I'm really worried that I'll complete this degree and still have no idea what I want to do and it will be a wasted three years.

Is the second year better than the first year? and also do most people have an idea of what career they are planning on doing or are they just enjoying there course for now and seeing what comes from it.

ReputationRep:
    Hello. Do any of your fellow first years get a taxi into town to go out?

I would stick it out, as you say you may find your second year experience more interesting. Some unis and colleges are out in the sticks a bit (Keele is one example) and you have to make an effort to get into town.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.