The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

University of Derby nightlife and rave scene?

I'm thinking of applying to Derby as it has a course which is perfect for me (Ba hons Creative Expressive Therapies). However I like places that are busy with lots going on and diversity, I don't think Derby will be like this so just wanted to find out some stuff :smile:

What's the nightlife like in Derby?
(Into Reggae, Drum and Bass, Jungle, occasionally House if i have to!)

Is there any kind of rave scene there? (Legal or illegal)

What are the people like? Friendly?

Basically is it a pleasant place to live?

Thank you to anyone who answers x
I've been at uni in Derby since last September. There's worse places to go for a night out but it's not the best. After a few weekends it gets quite boring, but pretty close to Nottingham which is an awesome night out. It's around £20/£25 for a taxi so doable if your in a group.

I've not heard of any underground or main stream rave events, probably due to the location of the place but being an old mc, I'd be quite eager to find out myself.

The people are friendly enough, few randoms and quite a lot of homeless people but generally the locals are alright.

A lot of places are a little grim, but there's worse places to live. Hope this helps
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Theres a place called sun lounge which is pretty housey. One of the guys i know who's at uni there is planning on starting a drum and bass night though. Walkabout has an outdoor area which plays house.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending