Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been reading a few of their articles and the amount of blaming men for everything and dismissing their life experience, even men who are victims of the patriarchy by failing to conform to it, is really disillusioning me to an otherwise noble movement. I'd like to know there are more balanced, objective sources to learn about what feminists are doing to solve gender inequality
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Jezebel's pretty extreme. There are feminist articles on the Guardian but still they're often over the top.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a feminist media source that isn't over the top and man hating?

ReputationRep:
    There's Christina Sommers, who calls herself feminist but distances herself from what is known as 'third wave feminism' which she finds to be manipulating statistics on issues like 'the wage gap' and acknowledges how this doesn't make sense.

Here's one of her videos here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    There's Christina Sommers, who calls herself feminist but distances herself from what is known as 'third wave feminism' which she finds to be manipulating statistics on issues like 'the wage gap' and acknowledges how this doesn't make sense.

Here's one of her videos here

as I anticipated, the older women would be pro-egalitarianism. Perhaps it's an immaturity thing then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Is there a feminist media source that isn't over the top and man hating?
    No. No there isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Jezebel's an embarrassment. The comments often make me weep for humanity.

http://jezebel.com/british-mother-di...ium=socialflow

Woman ditches 6 children to go on 6 week holiday with man she met online and gets a conviction for neglect. Comments jump straight to manbashing.

I

ReputationRep:
    The women that post on Jez self declare themselves as feminists so who are you or I to say they are not.
    I dont doubt plenty of other feminists wish they didnt as they are an embarressment to many, but I am guessing that and there in lies the problem.
    No matter what vile biggoted ****e they come out with, other feminists almost never call them on it so it is hardly surprising that all feminists get tarred with the same brush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    The women that post on Jez self declare themselves as feminists so who are you or I to say they are not.
    I dont doubt plenty of other feminists wish they didnt as they are an embarressment to many, but I am guessing that and there in lies the problem.
    No matter what vile biggoted ****e they come out with, other feminists almost never call them on it so it is hardly surprising that all feminists get tarred with the same brush.
    So, not all feminists are Jezebel misandrists yay

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at feminists on munsnet.
    Feminists often complain that they are stereotyped as always angry man haters, yet you go there and they all go on about getting " the rage".
    They are obsessed and look to take offence at most trivial of things. One was complaining about her inlaws buying her toddler daughter a hoover., shocking sexism hey.She was seeking advice on how to handle it.
    Then she went on to say" oh and they were buying her son one too."
    You couldnt make it up.
    Its like the cult of the permanently offended.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.