Turn on thread page Beta

anon because self conscious

I'd like to start off by saying I'm not doing this to get compliments, I have been completely self conscious for years, and it has recently got worse after I was cheated on. I hate the way I look and I feel sick when I see myself in the mirror.

I'm worried I've gained a lot of weight since I got an IUD.

I am 5ft 6 and I am size 30EE. I would say my bum is an average size. I wear clothes in size 8 or 10. I weigh 9 stone 11.

Most of my friends seem to weigh between 7-8 stone so I'm really embarrassed about how much I weigh. I am trying to loose weight but nothing I do is making it go.

Is my weight normal? Does anyone have any tips to loose weight, especially around the waist?

ReputationRep:
    You're a fine weight.
    But if you're worried, then crunches and treadmill are your friends.

ReputationRep:
    Lift weights

Same with me, I am not fat but weigh about nine and a half stone. I am also a size 8-10. Don't worry about it, many of us have the same problem!

It's your boobs giving the extra weight
    Believe me
    You're fine

Thank you for the replies! It's nice to know that it is more normal than what I thought.

Other than what has been said, what exercises do people recommend? Especially for the waist- I really want to reduce it.
    And food, what types of food?

ReputationRep:
    You shouldnt care about what other people think of you.
    If you want to lose weight, do it because YOU want to. Not because someone else would want you to.

ReputationRep:
    You're normal weight, no need to worry. You'd be normal weight even if you were a little bit heavier. Don't compare yourself to your friends, it's not healthy. Don't care what other people think about your body. In general, eating often, but healthy is important. Porridge, rye bread and fruits and vegetables are epic for your body.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.