Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do I really have to remember these case studies for psychology as? Yes, then to what detail?

ReputationRep:
    When no one really knows bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZeroName)
    Do I really have to remember these case studies for psychology as? Yes, then to what detail?
    To a lot of detail

ReputationRep:
    Might help:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2905333
    AQA Psychology A AS level

You do need to know certain case studies, and should be able to recall the procedures used and results found.

ReputationRep:
    You need to know them as detailed as they are in the book. No more, no less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilyghz)
    You need to know them as detailed as they are in the book. No more, no less.
    Depending on which book. Some often leave out important information, such as statistics, to make them easier to understand. While other books don't filter the studies at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    Depending on which book. Some often leave out important information, such as statistics, to make them easier to understand. While other books don't filter the studies at all.
    Thanks guys. Statistics are relevant for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    If you can remember the statistics as much as possible then use them! I always tried to put in as much detail as possible, just in case

ReputationRep:
    Well statistics, such as the amount of participants used or findings presented as percentages, are a good talking point during evaluations and generally will sound better if you can remember them.

For example:
    Something as simple as saying 'two groups of nine participants (five male & 4 female)' would offer more of a discussion and depth than saying 'two groups'.

Don't forget that the more you can say about a study; the more you are showing about how you understand it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.