Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay mums have got to have pushchairs for the kids and it's easier than carrying kids around, but sometimes they can be really annoying. I was walking through the local shopping centre with my mate yesterday and I was looking at a top and a woman ran over my foot without apologising and her friend who also had a pushchair was blocking the aisle so nobody could get to the handbags. Some mothers and the occasional dad are always too busy talking when they are in the shops and some of them leave their prams etc unattended whilst people have to somehow squeeze past them. And they also take up a lot of space on the bus!!!

ReputationRep:
    Wait till you have a baby, you'll be complaining about people not being considerate enough and not giving way, thus forcing you to give up your life just because you have a child. :rolleyes:

P.S. Unless you don't want to have kids ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanusha-tomsk)
    Wait till you have a baby, you'll be complaining about people not being considerate enough and not giving way, thus forcing you to give up your life just because you have a child. :rolleyes:

P.S. Unless you don't want to have kids ever.
    I'm going to get one of those baby chairs that you strap to your front. Or I could just dump the kids off with their nan whenever I go out!!

Only one kid though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralOfTheSuperSubSquad)
    I'm going to get one of those baby chairs that you strap to your front. Or I could just dump the kids off with their nan whenever I go out!!

Only one kid though!
    Ha, if only it were that easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperfect)
    Ha, if only it were that easy.
    Hmm, if only it were that easy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralOfTheSuperSubSquad)
    Hmm, if only it were that easy...
    Obviously, I did it because of the "cool" factor. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperfect)
    Obviously, I did it because of the "cool" factor. :p:
    Stop posting stupid comments on my threads!

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, there's nothing worse than people being arrogant because they have a child with them while shopping and you don't.

I work in a supermarket and I always feel for the parents with the whinging and whining and wailing kids who want everything off the sweeties aisle.

As a small child, I hated going shopping with my parents, so it would be far more sensible for all if said small children can be left with the other parent or a friend, babysitter or other rellie type whilst shopping is done. Far less stressful all round!

Actually, I'm still not fond of shopping even now, and my job is picking the grocery orders for the on-line customers...

ReputationRep:
    Im not too keen on pushchairs but I understand that they have to be used.

What annoys me is that some of the women who have them use the pushchair as a 'tool' to get you out of the way, like yesterday I was in Boots looking at something and this woman comes right up to me with hers, inching closer and closer to me, literally pushing me out the way! She didnt say excuse me or anything!! In the end I walked off because she was really standing close and I feel uncomfortable when people do that, I turned round after to look at her and she had a huge smirk on her face like she'd done it delibratey!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.