Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had my first medical on the 17th September and was told I need to get a x ray to show my back is fine and a pair of glasses as my long range vision wasn't up to standard. I have a good pair if glasses and my x ray was all clear and sent off to capita by my doctor 2 months ago.

Was expecting to get my new medical before Xmas but I am still no further forward. Have rang the RAF several times and they just say to keep waiting as they are waiting on capita. Is this a normal timescale to be waiting? Thinking of ringing capita tomorrow see what's going on as feel like I've been left in limbo

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I had my 1st medical back in August as they needed notes from my own GP. I have been in contact will my AFCO several times to find out what is going on. I received a text from CAPITA on Sunday informing me that they were doing a paper review today. Still waiting to heat if it's passed. AFCO said that they are in touch with CAPITA once a week on updates on your paperwork, so they will let you know the result.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that, good luck on that for you, certainly seems a drawn out process to get another medical. Don't know why as the first one took less than a week! Will phone capita tomorrow to see what the situation is

ReputationRep:
    Capita are crap just keep chasing them. It's all you can do at the moment. Use this extra time to get ready for fitness test and interview prep.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers will chase them up this afternoon

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I had my first medical around the end of June. I was given a letter to take to my doctors about asthma. I haven't had it since 1997 but they still needed to check. Anyway the RAF finally rang me first week of August asking if I had taken my letter into the doctors yet.

Rang the doctors to find out what was going on, turns out they sent the letter back 2 days after I went in with it at the end of June. So I rang the AFCO back to let them know, turns out Capita just couldn't find it but eventually they did!

Lesson learnt! Dont leave it up to Capita!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Same thing happened to me with regards to asthma. But the postman lost my medical records despite being sent 1st class with tracking so they ended up being faxed over.

I don't think anyone has had an easy ride with the medical part of the process. Just got to keep at them.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they don't sound the best. Will keep on at them! Surprised it is like this just feels like I've been left In limbo with no explanation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl25)
    Yeah they don't sound the best. Will keep on at them! Surprised it is like this just feels like I've been left In limbo with no explanation
    Hi I've had the same problem I went for my first medical on 8th October & I handed my paperwork into my gp & they were next to useless I've had to move down south, my gp down here was fab. They filled the paperwork with a month, I know has a new date on the 7th January, I would advise to get chasing AFCO & they will help you as much as they can. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and good luck for next week!
    My GP sent my x ray result which came back fine off to capita early October too and I have rang up about it about 5 times since and just got told they are still waiting on capita. Very frustrating but will get back into my training next week and hopefully hear something soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl25)
    Thanks and good luck for next week!
    My GP sent my x ray result which came back fine off to capita early October too and I have rang up about it about 5 times since and just got told they are still waiting on capita. Very frustrating but will get back into my training next week and hopefully hear something soon
    Best of luck mate, hope you hear back soon.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers Ryan! Be perfect start to the year if I hear about it Jan/Feb.

Hope training has been going well!

ReputationRep:
    Hey man, I know this was like 2 years ago and I probably won't get a reply but I have the exact same problem you had! What happened did they finally contact you?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.