Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I'm applying for both Product and Industrial design courses and wanted to know, would it be bad if I didn't mention industrial design in my personal statement at all?
    The courses are very similar, despite having a few different modules..
    Would they look down on this?
    What if I just replaced product with the word industrial in one part of my personal statement, would that help?
    If anyone has/is applying with a similar situation, what did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChlooM)
    Hi guys,
    I'm applying for both Product and Industrial design courses and wanted to know, would it be bad if I didn't mention industrial design in my personal statement at all?
    The courses are very similar, despite having a few different modules..
    Would they look down on this?
    What if I just replaced product with the word industrial in one part of my personal statement, would that help?
    If anyone has/is applying with a similar situation, what did you do?
    I hope I haven't replied too late! But I'm in the same process as you and didn't know what to call it as I applied for both courses too. All I did was refer to it as 'Design, e.g. Studying Design will....' and 'This course, e.g. These are qualities I will need for this course...'. But to be honest, I didn't need to refer to the name of the course a whole lot in my personal statement so it wasn't too difficult. So far I've got offers from Nottingham Trent for Product and Brunel for Industrial so I think this technique will work fine. Hope this helps.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.