Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't know if I got good enough grades in Y11 mock exams watch

ReputationRep:
    Just got results back from y11 mock exams and I don't know if they're good enough for colleges etc. I got D in 3 subjects, C in 2 subjects and a B and an E. I'm a bit disappointed with myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentStudy99)
    Just got results back from y11 mock exams and I don't know if they're good enough for colleges etc. I got D in 3 subjects, C in 2 subjects and a B and an E. I'm a bit disappointed with myself
    Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."

ReputationRep:
    You can always improve those grades to solid Cs and even Bs or As if you try harder by revising effectively etc. Remember practice makes perfect.

ReputationRep:
    You really do need to pull your socks up as for colleges/sixthform you will need 5A*-C including English GCSE and Maths.

ReputationRep:
    Mocks are often not representative of your real ability. Unless you worked as hard as you possibly could, then there's a good chance you'll be able to improve in the next 6 months.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be too worried about it, what you really need to do is start working. Even though you probably don't want to, I certainly didn't at the time either, you kind of need to force yourself, just think it's only a couple of months and you'll spend the rest of your life happy that you put in the effort.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry they are only your mock's its alright to be worried just rememver to work hard and you will be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German123)
    You really do need to pull your socks up as for colleges/sixthform you will need 5A*-C including English GCSE and Maths.
    Well I got A D in English and a C in maths.

ReputationRep:
    Well I got A D in English and a C in maths.
    Dont stress yoursself because of this as you have 5 months to improve. Just remember that time is precious so use it wisely. Also at least you passed maths and with regards to English you should use Mr Bruff on youtube-this is what i have used and saw that he was good.

ReputationRep:
    don't forget you might not have learnt all the things in every subject OR you did no revise early enough OR you did not use the right technique for revising.
    so calm don't stress

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.