Don't know if I got good enough grades in Y11 mock exams Watch

StudentStudy99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just got results back from y11 mock exams and I don't know if they're good enough for colleges etc. I got D in 3 subjects, C in 2 subjects and a B and an E. I'm a bit disappointed with myself
German123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by StudentStudy99)
Just got results back from y11 mock exams and I don't know if they're good enough for colleges etc. I got D in 3 subjects, C in 2 subjects and a B and an E. I'm a bit disappointed with myself
Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."
German123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can always improve those grades to solid Cs and even Bs or As if you try harder by revising effectively etc. Remember practice makes perfect.
German123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You really do need to pull your socks up as for colleges/sixthform you will need 5A*-C including English GCSE and Maths.
Going_To_California
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mocks are often not representative of your real ability. Unless you worked as hard as you possibly could, then there's a good chance you'll be able to improve in the next 6 months.
Buxtonwater
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wouldn't be too worried about it, what you really need to do is start working. Even though you probably don't want to, I certainly didn't at the time either, you kind of need to force yourself, just think it's only a couple of months and you'll spend the rest of your life happy that you put in the effort.
xxhollyjardinex
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
dont worry they are only your mock's its alright to be worried just rememver to work hard and you will be fine
StudentStudy99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by German123)
You really do need to pull your socks up as for colleges/sixthform you will need 5A*-C including English GCSE and Maths.
Well I got A D in English and a C in maths.
German123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well I got A D in English and a C in maths.
Dont stress yoursself because of this as you have 5 months to improve. Just remember that time is precious so use it wisely. Also at least you passed maths and with regards to English you should use Mr Bruff on youtube-this is what i have used and saw that he was good.
chattytia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
don't forget you might not have learnt all the things in every subject OR you did no revise early enough OR you did not use the right technique for revising.
so calm don't stress
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (368)
37.25%
No - but I will (74)
7.49%
No - I don't want to (69)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (477)
48.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise