Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Inspired from the guess the engine size in the Diesel cars debate, i though we could all test ourselves by seeing how sad we actually are by guessing what the engine is and what car/truck it powers.

One rule, no 4 pots. This is my game, i make the rules, i don't like 4 pots!

So what car does this engine belong to?

Type: V8
    Displacement cu in (cc): 427 (7011)
    Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 505(377) / 6300
    Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 470(637) / 4800
    Redline at RPM: 7200

Graham

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say Audi RS4, but I google searched it :eek: , and it turns out to be a Chev. Corvette Z06.

ReputationRep:
    It has to be american as I am not aware of the Rover V8 being able to match that.

ReputationRep:
    American, Chevvy, GMC, Jeep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Think Floyd)
    I was going to say Audi RS4, but I google searched it :eek: , and it turns out to be a Chev. Corvette Z06.

Google is cheating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pookie)
    ...as I am not aware of the Rover V8 being able to match that.
    Yep, no chance of it being the old Rover V8. By the time Land Rover had bored it out to 4.6L, it suffered all sorts of problems (slipped liners, etc). I thought it might be a Viper engine, but that's a V10 if I remember correctly?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know all about that. A friend is having trouble at the moment trying to source a block for his 4.6 HSE Range Rover

ReputationRep:
    Corvette Z06

Sorry for late reply, been to the back and beyond of North Yorkshire!

Who wants to guess next!

Graham

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.