Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have black hair.

I want brown bits on it.

What's the difference between hair colouring and hair dye?

I want hair like this guy:

Tell me what products I sholud get from Tesco or do I need to go to the hairdressers?

Another thing - majority of hair colour products have the face of a woman on them - does this mean its for women only? :confused:

PLease help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too sure what you'll need (your pictures not linked correctley either), but hair dye even though it has the face of a woman on it can be used on men. Hairs hair afterall.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Ooooo Shah Rukh!

I'd say you'd be better going to the hairdressers just to make sure you get the right result.

Using hair dye, you'd probably struggle to just do highlighted streaks like SRK's. I think hair dyes are normally used for dying the whole head, unless you're pretty pro at it. I know you can get 'home-highlighting' kits, although I'm not sure how easy they are to use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosalily)
    Ooooo Shah Rukh!

I'd say you'd be better going to the hairdressers just to make sure you get the right result.

Using hair dye, you'd probably struggle to just do highlighted streaks like SRK's. I think hair dyes are normally used for dying the whole head, unless you're pretty pro at it. I know you can get 'home-highlighting' kits, although I'm not sure how easy they are to use.
    :ditto: Apart from the "oooh SRK" bit :p: Sorry Rosalily, if it was Preity well...

To do the streaks through your hair you might need that "swimming cap with holes" gadget that they use at the hairdressers instead of trying to do it alone as it might end up all chunky.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go to the hairdressers... doing anything remotely complicated/fiddly yourself is asking for a disaster, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    You can get pretty easy highlighting kits. My brother used one, and I don't think it was very tricky.

However, it's probably a better idea to go to a hairdresser, just in case.

ReputationRep:
    I highlight my own hair wit loreal excellence kit (for men and women!) but mines just stright highlights down ma head nowt fiddly
    Hair dresser if u can afford it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rizzyh)
    I have black hair.

I want brown bits on it.

What's the difference between hair colouring and hair dye?

I want hair like this guy:

Tell me what products I sholud get from Tesco or do I need to go to the hairdressers?

Another thing - majority of hair colour products have the face of a woman on them - does this mean its for women only? :confused:

PLease help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ehehe those brown bits are highlights. best to do it at a proper salon and they'll get it right.
    love the picture/quote in your signature by the way

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.