The Student Room Group

URGENT!! - Predicted grades on UCAS reference for dropped AS subjects???

Hey guys,

Advice needed: I dropped maths after AS (achieved a dismal D grade) though predicted three As at a2 in my other subjects. Becuase I have not cashed in my result for this AS in Maths does my school have to give a prediction and reference for this subject? I am planning on retaking it!

I am in fear that I would recieve a poor reference considering my lack of motivation last year + poor grade achieve 9due to lack of work put in!)

james
Reply 1
good qu actually i want to know something i declined my physics as grade but im resitting it. i dont think youre predicted a grade for something you drop right?
Reply 2
You aren't predicted a grade for it, I don't think it matters much either since pretty much everywhere you only need a C at AS in your fourth subject.
Reply 3
they dont even look at the dropped subject do they?
Reply 4
Best just to get a reference and predicted grade for it. Although the predicted grades for AS dont rlly count so not much point.. but if you think it will help your applcation then do it.
You could always ask your College/School not to include the reference from your Mathematics tutor. They will be wanting to present a predominantly positive of yourself as a prospective undergraduate, therefore if you feel that your Mathematics reference could hinder this presentation then you certainly have grounded to not get it included.
I don't see why they'd have to include since you've dropped it. Ask your head of sixth form, but I think you could probably just leave it out.

Latest