Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I came to the UK from Germany a couple of years ago, did poorly in my GCSEs, couldn't do A-levels as a consequence, settled for the 'equivalent' - BTEC National Diploma. Received three Distinctions, moved to the University of Essex to study BA Accounting with Economics and failed my second year twice. Had mitigating circumstance(s) (severe depression, SAD, hyperhidrosis, loneliness and some other stuff). Saw my GP, received counselling and turned things around. 1st (83%) when I graduated but I also three A-levels (one year) where I received AA*A* (Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Economics).

Since my turnaround I've been preparing myself for a potential postgraduate degree from LSE. I could have applied for a postgraduate degree at from the moment I left Essex but I was of the opinion that the fact that I repeated my second year twice (despite having extenuating circumstances) would reduce my chances.
    So, after my graduation (two years ago) I was hired my pcw (one of the Big Four) where I am at this moment in time doing my ACA qualification (3rd year). Once I am done I would like to study MSc Finance and Economics.

Here is summary of things I have done in the last five years:

ACA qualification (next year)
    BA Accounting with Economics – 83%
    A-levels – Mathematics (A), Economics (A*), Accounting (A*), Further Mathematics (A*), History (A*) - (self teaching)
    AS: Pure Mathematics (A*)
    GCSE – English (A)
    Statistics qualification (Royal Statistical Society) – Higher Certificate and Graduate Diploma.

In addition I have done a 10.000 words theses related to the MSc program, received a qualification from the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (Capital Markets Programme) and have also been preparing myself for all the MSc F&E modules. I pretty much know everything and am very confident that I would/should receive a Distinction in the degree should I be given a chance.

What do you think?

Sorry for the poor structure, btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MynameisSam_)
    I came to the UK from Germany a couple of years ago, did poorly in my GCSEs, couldn't do A-levels as a consequence, settled for the 'equivalent' - BTEC National Diploma. Received three Distinctions, moved to the University of Essex to study BA Accounting with Economics and failed my second year twice. Had mitigating circumstance(s) (severe depression, SAD, hyperhidrosis, loneliness and some other stuff). Saw my GP, received counselling and turned things around. 1st (83%) when I graduated but I also three A-levels (one year) where I received AA*A* (Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Economics).

Since my turnaround I've been preparing myself for a potential postgraduate degree from LSE. I could have applied for a postgraduate degree at from the moment I left Essex but I was of the opinion that the fact that I repeated my second year twice (despite having extenuating circumstances) would reduce my chances.
    So, after my graduation (two years ago) I was hired my pcw (one of the Big Four) where I am at this moment in time doing my ACA qualification (3rd year). Once I am done I would like to study MSc Finance and Economics.

Here is summary of things I have done in the last five years:

ACA qualification (next year)
    BA Accounting with Economics – 83%
    A-levels – Mathematics (A), Economics (A*), Accounting (A*), Further Mathematics (A*), History (A*) - (self teaching)
    AS: Pure Mathematics (A*)
    GCSE – English (A)
    Statistics qualification (Royal Statistical Society) – Higher Certificate and Graduate Diploma.

In addition I have done a 10.000 words theses related to the MSc program, received a qualification from the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (Capital Markets Programme) and have also been preparing myself for all the MSc F&E modules. I pretty much know everything and am very confident that I would/should receive a Distinction in the degree should I be given a chance.

What do you think?

Sorry for the poor structure, btw.
    I think you truly deserve to join LSE to study MSc Finance and Economics! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    I think you truly deserve to join LSE to study MSc Finance and Economics! Good luck!
    You're the only individual who replied, thanks for taking the time to reply to my query. I've just realised that I've made some errors, apologies for the mistakes...I was in a hurry.
    Thanks again and have a nice day.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.