Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I have an unconditional placement at UWE and I'm supposed to be starting my degree in Business in September 2015.
    However, due to the fact that I've found a really cool job back home in Cardiff (that I can use to support myself throughout my stay in further education) and save myself a fair bit of money on living expenses (by staying at home), I've decided that it would be best if I move to USW which is a lot closer to home.
    The million dollar question is do I have to make a fresh UCAS application before the 15th of January, pay the UCAS fee and obtain references etc. all over again? Or can I contact UWE (in hope that they'll release me) and transfer to USW outside of the UCAS medium?
    I'm aware that uni's accept first year transfers but I'm unsure whether the same principle applies to gap year fresher's who have stupidly changed their minds before they've even started.
    Could somebody please advise me on what steps I need to take in order to facilitate this transfer as I need to sort this out ASAP.
    Cheers guys.

    Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses.

    If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. It's worth checking out if you have questions.

    If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. Hope this helps!
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 10, 2014

University open days

  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Come along to an Open Day at our Frenchay Campus, City Campus, Glenside Campus and Bristol Zoo to get a real insight into student life at UWE Bristol. Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.