Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've cheated on my boyfriend, I slept with someone else from work. I didn't feel guilty at the time but a few days on I feel extremely guilty- to the fact that I feel sick thinking about it.

If I tell my boyfriend he will leave me...no doubt about it. Only been together a couple of months but he is everything I've ever wanted. I'm such an insecure person and sadly fell in the temptation due to the extra attention.

I feel used by the other person and have decided to cut all contact with him apart from work stuff at work.

Will this guilt ever leave ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tell him, end of story.
    If you don't tell him I hope the guilt never leaves you.
    Just remember that it will destroy you anyway so you may as well tell him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellyboo)
    I've cheated on my boyfriend, I slept with someone else from work. I didn't feel guilty at the time but a few days on I feel extremely guilty- to the fact that I feel sick thinking about it.

If I tell my boyfriend he will leave me...no doubt about it. Only been together a couple of months but he is everything I've ever wanted. I'm such an insecure person and sadly fell in the temptation due to the extra attention.

I feel used by the other person and have decided to cut all contact with him apart from work stuff at work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have found a contradiction :hmmmm2:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Surely if your boyfriend was everything you wanted then you would not have even felt the urge to cheat. Ask yourself this, what if it was you who had been cheated on?

ReputationRep:
    I will never understand people like you.

if youre happy with your boyfriend why would you sleep with someone else ahskajdjakshhshahss where is the logic bruh

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm going to tell him tomorrow. I will lose him but at least I can learn from my bad choices

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Hope hes on TSR and figure out who you are.

ReputationRep:
    I would never cheat. But if I did I wouldn't tell my gf, because I wouldn't want to cause unhappiness for both of us. This idea that telling the other person is good has always seemed weird to me. Lets think logically:

The bad thing about cheating is that it causes unhappiness for the other person.

The worst possible situation of a cheat is that both sides are very distressed by the fall out, causing them to break up.

Causing the worst possible event to occur in a situation is surely wrong.

If the cheated on party never finds out, no negative impact occurs to him.

If he/she does find out, then both that person will be worse off, and the other person will worse off.

Therefore telling the person is bringing about the exact worst scenario, which is unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingStannis)
    I would never cheat. But if I did I wouldn't tell my gf, because I wouldn't want to cause unhappiness for both of us. This idea that telling the other person is good has always seemed weird to me. Lets think logically:

The bad thing about cheating is that it causes unhappiness for the other person.

The worst possible situation of a cheat is that both sides are very distressed by the fall out, causing them to break up.

Causing the worst possible event to occur in a situation is surely wrong.

If the cheated on party never finds out, no negative impact occurs to him.

If he/she does find out, then both that person will be worse off, and the other person will worse off.

Therefore telling the person is bringing about the exact worst scenario, which is unnecessary.
    It is not cheating if your partner never finds out. How can you label that which is not known?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately if he's totally smitten he will probably try to let it slide and carry on, and you'll be so pleased, you'll stay with him too. Then you'll grow older and more bitter together until one of you sleeps with someone else and you break up then.

And it's not like you can break up with him and not tell him why - that'd be even more traumatic for the poor guy.

Well, good luck and I hope you both find your happiness.

ReputationRep:
    It takes some balls to come onto TSR and admit to do something that is unanimously agreed to be 'a bad thing'. She does not need your scolding; there will be plenty of that when she tells her boyfriend.

OP, just to echo the other constructive posts here, you need to tell him. You will lose him, and you will learn from your mistakes and hopefully, become a better person in the long run.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Can you look yourself in the eye? What can you do that will mean you can look yourself in the eye? Will the guilt go even if the person you've cheated on forgives you?

All things to consider.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you both?

ReputationRep:
    You gotta love all the knowledgeable people on this site, words of wisdom everywhere...

You did wrong. Go do some right by telling him. The rest will sort itself out, whatever the outcome. Just make sure you learn from your mistakes. Life moves on.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sigh I hate people like you, poor you you're feeling guilty. GTFO

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You should tell him. If it was the other way around, would you want to be told? I think we all know the answer to that question.

ReputationRep:
    I feel so bad for you boyfriend, you should tell him!! He may stick around but the fact you have to see this guy whenever you go to work it is highly unlikely.

People that cheat are lowest of low and do not deserve any one apart from each other!!
    Tbh you deserve everything you get whether you tell him or not. Peace!

ReputationRep:
    If you don't tell him the guilt will eat you up inside but if you do tell him he will be constantly worrying in any relationship he is ever in, yes he will probably leave you, because it's so embarrassing he won't want people thinking he is stupid or something for staying with you, I've been in that position and now I'm in a new relationship with the girl of my dreams and yet I still worry because of what my previous girlfriend did to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your guilt is irrelevant. You're not the one who has been betrayed.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You slept with somebody because you liked the attention, your both weak and disloyal. These traits of inferiority are such that i doubt you deserve your boyfriend. If you have any integrity and respect for him, you'll tell him and then break up with him until you believe that you sufficient emotional control that you won't jump into bed with the first person who gives you attention.

I'm also not really sure why you feel used, it takes two to tango.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.