How are virgins perceived by the youth, teenagers and adult students

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all

I use to work in a bank and a couple of days later a colleague asked me am I a Virgin because I had an extremely poor self image.

Now someone overheard this conversation and joined in to which they responded "It doesn't even look like he's kissed a girl". Another person joined and said "You are". Now a couple of days later some other colleagues then brought up the conversation about virginity implying I'm a virgin.

I'm a little bit self conscious about this and want to know how does society interpret whether you're still a virgin?

Is it laughed at? Why is it a topic of interest? Is it something to be ashamed and embarrassed about?
Calpurnia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not at all! You should probably just embrace it and be proud of it. Even if it's something you're not proud of, you'll find there's a certain type of person who will go out of their way to take it if you tell them about your virginity!

If you're skeptical that virgins can be considered "cool", check out Swoozie on Youtube <3
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
I never thought society would reach this low. I have much more respect for someone who is a virgin than for someone who isn't (exceptions with marriage of course). There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. It's quite a sad world when we have people asking if it's alright being a virgin or not. Well done OP for having the control and respect for your body, rather than sleeping around with randoms. Keep it up :yy:
Mimir
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Couldn't care. Friend of mine didn't break his duck til he was 21. Yeah we had a laugh about it with himwhen he told us but not at him, that's just childish.
Guy Secretan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They were being a bit rude but are you a virgin?
dreadpiraterach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think people need to stop making a big deal out of everyone else's sex lives. Some people have sex, some people don't. As long as everything's consensual and you're not hurting anyone with whatever you are (or aren't) doing then what's the problem? Why do other people need to make it their business?
TroyAndAbed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
"Being a virgin in this day and age is something to be proud of, you’re like a unicorn!"
pzoDe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That is pretty horrible behaviour on behalf of your colleagues. Speak to your boss about it if they keep bothering you.

I'm a pretty outgoing social homosexual guy (19) and I've had my fair share of sleeping with women. I have multiple friends who are virgins (less guys than girls though). I'm even kinda dating a virgin right now. So here's my honest opinion:

Being a virgin doesn't make you a loser. It's perfectly fine and, although I'm glad I have my experiences, I would cut out a lot of them (cos they weren't all good) for the sake of a one or two more intimate sexual partners. I believe though that it is better to not be a virgin when you're past the age of 19/20 as the experience helps to develop you as a person and redirect your sexual tastes. Personally, I prefer dating a non-virgin because a girl who has had past experience tends to know what not to do, which is better than them knowing exactly what to do. Unfortunately it means I can be a bit put off girls who have no experience (this is from past experience of girls with no experience) and the girl I'm currently dating I'm very much on the fence about.

Also don't put emphasis on virginity being associated with looks. It's a much looser connection than people think. I know guys with much less than average looks who are fairly experienced and guys who are really good looking who have never entered that realm. I'm sure most people will dispute that but ya gonna have to trust me (anecdotal evidence, eh?)

If it's okay to ask, are you a virgin?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by pzoDe)
That is pretty horrible behaviour on behalf of your colleagues. Speak to your boss about it if they keep bothering you.

I'm a pretty outgoing social homosexual guy (19) and I've had my fair share of sleeping with women. I have multiple friends who are virgins (less guys than girls though). I'm even kinda dating a virgin right now. So here's my honest opinion:

Being a virgin doesn't make you a loser. It's perfectly fine and, although I'm glad I have my experiences, I would cut out a lot of them (cos they weren't all good) for the sake of a one or two more intimate sexual partners. I believe though that it is better to not be a virgin when you're past the age of 19/20 as the experience helps to develop you as a person and redirect your sexual tastes. Personally, I prefer dating a non-virgin because a girl who has had past experience tends to know what not to do, which is better than them knowing exactly what to do. Unfortunately it means I can be a bit put off girls who have no experience (this is from past experience of girls with no experience) and the girl I'm currently dating I'm very much on the fence about.

Also don't put emphasis on virginity being associated with looks. It's a much looser connection than people think. I know guys with much less than average looks who are fairly experienced and guys who are really good looking who have never entered that realm. I'm sure most people will dispute that but ya gonna have to trust me (anecdotal evidence, eh?)

If it's okay to ask, are you a virgin?
Thanks for the response

Not anymore no
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads