Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would such a combination be possible?

One of my universities (all of which are in Scotland btw, hence the question about reduced tuition fees) has declared me to be in the EU category for student fees, another has sent a questionnaire from which it looks as though they will decide the same.

I am an EU national who has lived in England for the past 9 years. One of my parents lives and works in a non-UK EU country, the other has dual nationality through naturalisation. According to nationality, then, they have told me I would pay the lower fees, but could I then get a maintenance loan? They're stated to be based on 'settled status', so living in the UK for 3 years, for which I qualify. It seems like in general EU students don't qualify, but it's all directed towards either EU students with both EU nationality or EU residence, or UK students with UK residence and sole nationality, so I'm finding it really confusing.

ReputationRep:
    As far as Scotland is concerned you are an EU citizen because they do the same to English students.
    If you choose an English university you will be considered a home student and get full loans.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.