Being told my GF cheated on me. Watch

*Incognito
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
HELP! In a bit of a state right now, I don't know what to think.
I'm in a LDR with my GF of 3 years, it's always been a healthy and good relationship.
She's at uni and last night she went out with her uni friends (nothing unusual).
However this morning I received a friend request on FB, I usually ignore random requests but I noticed he was a mutual friend with my GF so thought I'd accept and check him out (id never heard of him before).
About 10 minutes after accepting I get a message from him telling me that last night my gf was really drunk and started getting on him and asking him to take her to bed etc. (in a sexual way)
Obviously when I saw this my heart marketed and I went straight to my girlfriend. She says that this guy has liked her since starting uni and is always trying to come into her when she's out and she thinks he's making all this rubbish up so I break up with her so he can make a move on her. (Aka she denies everything)

I've had no reason to not trust my girlfriend in the past. We've lead a honest, loving relationship and I honestly don't know who to believe.

Any advice??!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mimir
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by *Incognito)
I'm in a LDR with my GF of 3 years, it's always been a healthy and good relationship.
She's at uni and last night she went out with her uni friends (nothing unusual).
However this morning I received a friend request on FB, I usually ignore random requests but I noticed he was a mutual friend with my GF so thought I'd accept and check him out (id never heard of him before).
About 10 minutes after accepting I get a message from him telling me that last night my gf was really drunk and started getting on him and asking him to take her to bed etc. (in a sexual way)
Obviously when I saw this my heart marketed and I went straight to my girlfriend. She says that this guy has liked her since starting uni and is always trying to come into her when she's out and she thinks he's making all this rubbish up so I break up with her so he can make a move on her. (Aka she denies everything)

I've had no reason to not trust my girlfriend in the past. We've lead a honest, loving relationship and I honestly don't know who to believe.

Any advice??!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah that's a pretty grim situation to be thrown into.

What I would suggest is difficult, and maybe too much to ask as the outcome is uncertain and not instant. Tell your girlfriend you want to talk to her about this, not because you don't trust her, but because she needs to know what's going on. Then tell her what happened. Don't rant on about how you believe him, just say what happened and let her do the talking. If you've already had this conversation then leave it as best you can. Go see her at Uni maybe?

Give her the benefit of the doubt, trust her. Communication is very important.

I'm sorry I can't be of more comfort, and I'm not saying this is the right way to go about it, just my suggestion.
WiFi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And your only reason to change everything is some random guy who added you on facebook and few minutes later sent you a message?

In any case, look at her in the eyes and ask her the question. If you know her you'll be able to tell. If you have doubts it will always stay there and the relationship is doubt to fail in any case.
Buxtonwater
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Any advice??!!
If you trust your girlfriend she's probably telling the truth, but you could always just go visit her and have a word or two with the people she's living with because they probably know what's going on.
Calpurnia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I feel you, man. This is scary stuff.

From here it sounds like the guy is just a massive moron. Really it's kind of on your girlfriend to cut ties with him and tell him to sod off if he's trying to damage your relationship. It's probably worth keeping an eye on stuff anyway, if she's been acting strangely in other ways then there could be something to the accusations, but try not to lose any sleep over it if everything else has been normal.
rubywoo123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Girls are just as bad as boys, maybe even worse. They lie to wriggle themselves out of things! it's all just a bit of a conisidence that he has no mutals, except her and adds you to tell you this. Don't let her get away with it, bring them both together and see if she can deny it Infront of him. To be honest, 3 years is a long time and if she's away from you, she might of got a little bored.

Would be such a shame if it's true, wish you all the best!
SomeStudent
Badges: 14
Report 4 years ago
Tell him if he wants you to believe him, he will need to bring another mutual friend who was present there that day. Someone who knows both him and your gf.
Mimir
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rubywoo123)
Girls are just as bad as boys, maybe even worse. They lie to wriggle themselves out of things! it's all just a bit of a conisidence that he has no mutals, except her and adds you to tell you this. Don't let her get away with it, bring them both together and see if she can deny it Infront of him. To be honest, 3 years is a long time and if she's away from you, she might of got a little bored.

Would be such a shame if it's true, wish you all the best!
:naughty:

So many negative presumptions, we (and the OP) don't know enough to say that sort of thing.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He could be just trying to wind you up, I would give your girlfriend the benefit of the doubt.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mimir)
:naughty:

So many negative presumptions, we (and the OP) don't know enough to say that sort of thing.
They were not saying it was a definite, hence why 'might' was used. Read the statement before being rude about it.
Mimir
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
They were not saying it was a definite, hence why 'might' was used. Read the statement before being rude about it.
Why Anon? You shouldn't use that feature to post something like the above.
natninja
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Any advice??!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh... something like that happened to me... except we were at the same uni but she is from another country and a mutual friend from there who liked her told me she'd been cheating on me... I broke up with her... she hadn't in fact been cheating...
Musie Suzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you've never had reason to doubt her before I think you should believe her over this random guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (328)
37.36%
No - but I will (70)
7.97%
No - I don't want to (63)
7.18%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (417)
47.49%

Watched Threads