Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So today at the autumn statement they revealed that the government will b offering student loans for master students from 2016. The loan is up to 10000 so will cover fees but we don't know yet if a maintenance loan will be given. The loan is only open to those under 30. What do you guys think? I think its a awesome idea and will give people the chance to study at postgraduate level where they couldn't before. One thing I'm wondering is if you already have a masters or postgrad certificate or diploma would you still be suitable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongo Bongo)
    So today at the autumn statement they revealed that the government will b offering student loans for master students from 2016. The loan is up to 10000 so will cover fees but we don't know yet if a maintenance loan will be given. The loan is only open to those under 30. What do you guys think? I think its a awesome idea and will give people the chance to study at postgraduate level where they couldn't before. One thing I'm wondering is if you already have a masters or postgrad certificate or diploma would you still be suitable?
    I think you would not be suitable if you already have a masters. Makes sense because unlike undergrad loans, they are only offering 40K postgrad loans initially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    I think you would not be suitable if you already have a masters. Makes sense because unlike undergrad loans, they are only offering 40K postgrad loans initially.
    What do you mean only offering 40k postgraduate loans? I thought it was only 10k?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongo Bongo)
    What do you mean only offering 40k postgraduate loans? I thought it was only 10k?
    The loan amount is for 10k but the amount of loans available - I.e. the amount of students who can get the loan - will be 40k.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I see what you mean. So there's going to be alot of competition for places.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.