Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student finance will be offering loans for masters fees! watch

ReputationRep:
    So today at the autumn statement they revealed that the government will b offering student loans for master students from 2016. The loan is up to 10000 so will cover fees but we don't know yet if a maintenance loan will be given. The loan is only open to those under 30. What do you guys think? I think its a awesome idea and will give people the chance to study at postgraduate level where they couldn't before. One thing I'm wondering is if you already have a masters or postgrad certificate or diploma would you still be suitable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongo Bongo)
    So today at the autumn statement they revealed that the government will b offering student loans for master students from 2016. The loan is up to 10000 so will cover fees but we don't know yet if a maintenance loan will be given. The loan is only open to those under 30. What do you guys think? I think its a awesome idea and will give people the chance to study at postgraduate level where they couldn't before. One thing I'm wondering is if you already have a masters or postgrad certificate or diploma would you still be suitable?
    I think you would not be suitable if you already have a masters. Makes sense because unlike undergrad loans, they are only offering 40K postgrad loans initially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    I think you would not be suitable if you already have a masters. Makes sense because unlike undergrad loans, they are only offering 40K postgrad loans initially.
    What do you mean only offering 40k postgraduate loans? I thought it was only 10k?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongo Bongo)
    What do you mean only offering 40k postgraduate loans? I thought it was only 10k?
    The loan amount is for 10k but the amount of loans available - I.e. the amount of students who can get the loan - will be 40k.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I see what you mean. So there's going to be alot of competition for places.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.