What's happened to TSR? Watch

XMaramena
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
It seems over the last few years, the number of (at least in my eyes) ridiculous threads - often in the Current Affairs section - are just taking over the forum like a plague. Even just on the top threads that show up now while writing this:

- Do you think subjects like Drama and Media should be abolished?
- Should white people pay black people money for unpaid work from the days of slavery?
- What's the point of emotion if we all die in the end?
- Which facts would you disbelieve in if it was against your religion?
- Why is homosexuality being rampantly encouraged?
- Women will always be less successful than men.

I mean this is just a few titles that stand out, but is this really the kind of nonsense that TSR threads are becoming now?

I'm all for debate and discussion, and I know there are some young teens on here, but lots of these threads are just ridiculous - some of them I'm sure are created just as attempts to rally up hatred on others.

I'm sure it never used to be like this!
Darthmixalot
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yep it was always better in the good ol' days where a shilling could get you a fine tailored suit made from peacock feathers dipped in the finest gold.

In some manner of seriousness though, it just seems that people want to create debate just for the sake of it, or at least create some kind of circlejerk in the hopes of validating their opinion. There's nothing inherently wrong with debate just for the sake of it but I do wish they spent more time thinking about what their title will be.
chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A potato flew around my room before you came so excuse me
XMaramena
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by chocolatesauce)
LOL
SnoochToTheBooch
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
TSR users make it so easy and satisfying for trolls to troll them.
MrMango
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by XMaramena)
It seems over the last few years, the number of (at least in my eyes) ridiculous threads - often in the Current Affairs section - are just taking over the forum like a plague. Even just on the top threads that show up now while writing this:

- Should white people pay black people money for unpaid work from the days of slavery?

I mean this is just a few titles that stand out, but is this really the kind of nonsense that TSR threads are becoming now?

I'm all for debate and discussion, and I know there are some young teens on here, but lots of these threads are just ridiculous - some of them I'm sure are created just as attempts to rally up hatred on others.

I make platinum selling threads tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Uw0tm8_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just wait till exam time when helpful thread come about, people just need time to waste rn
TheBBQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wtf?
chocolatesauce
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheBBQ)
Wtf?
Lol don't you watch vines?
Evening
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well it beats several million threads all with the same title: "ASK ME ANYTHING!!!!!!!"
The Juan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by XMaramena)

I blame it on political parties like labour and the Green Party. Their left wing stance on life is collapsing every aspect of society, including social media/forums
moment of truth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There are always gonna be some 'weird' threads on TSR.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The OP has a pic in their sig saying:

Sod it, I'll just live overseas

:rolleyes:

You cannot criticise people for making silly threads with a sig like that, Bruv!
lightburns
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well given that I quit the site when negs were removed (just coming on now after a long hiatus because it comes up in google search for jobs I'm applying to), I'm going to be somewhat biased, and say that a couple of years ago ridiculous troll-y posts would be negged to oblivion. It's harder to rile someone up into angrily replying if your post is essentially labelled as "the TSR community utterly rejects this".
daisychain_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Some of them are quite funny.
TheBBQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol don't you watch vines?
I do but I haven't seen that one
chocolatesauce
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheBBQ)
I do but I haven't seen that one
Omg how did you miss the potato one? There's so many remakes!
TheBBQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Omg how did you miss the potato one? There's so many remakes!
No idea! i watch mostly Indian made ones tbh :rofl:
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
the rot set in when TSR let undergraduates from non-Oxbridge "universities" post on the fora.
Captain Jack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Despite all of the change on TSR, there is always one constant: threads asking why TSR has changed

Therefore, I think this is evidence itself that TSR hasn't really changed, it's just that the people using it change and grow older. To be discussed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise