Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I'm very fearful that i may not be eligible for student finance for one questionable and confusing reason. If anyone can help me, i'd greatly appreciate it!

Okay so, i live in an British overseas territory in the Caribbean. I've applied for my British passport and got it this year. I thought that would put me in the clear for student fees and finance. However, as stated in the "Do i qualify for student finance?" section on this website it says:

To apply, you must:

• be a UK national or have settled status (that is, no restrictions on how long you can stay in the UK);
    • normally live in England; and
    • have been living in the UK for at least three years before the first day of your course.

The red section has me confused. I haven't been to the UK before, so clearly I haven't lived there for 3 years, however, i have lived in my country for 3. Am i still eligible as a UK student? Or do i need to try and apply as an EU student?

Plenty thanks for any response!
    Xo
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi There,

Sorry you're not entitled to funding.

You need to be living in the UK for 3 years before the start of your course in order to be eligible for funding.

Thanks

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.