I'm very fearful that i may not be eligible for student finance for one questionable and confusing reason. If anyone can help me, i'd greatly appreciate it!
Okay so, i live in an British overseas territory in the Caribbean. I've applied for my British passport and got it this year. I thought that would put me in the clear for student fees and finance. However, as stated in the "Do i qualify for student finance?" section on this website it says:
To apply, you must:
- be a UK national or have settled status (that is, no restrictions on how long you can stay in the UK);
- normally live in England; and
- have been living in the UK for at least three years before the first day of your course.
The red section has me confused. I haven't been to the UK before, so clearly I haven't lived there for 3 years, however, i have lived in my country for 3. Am i still eligible as a UK student? Or do i need to try and apply as an EU student?
Plenty thanks for any response!
Overseas British Territory Eligibility?! watch
- Thread Starter
- 04-12-2014 06:01
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
- 231 followers
- 2 badges
- Send a private message to Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Offline2ReputationRep:Official TSR Representative
- Official TSR Representative
- 04-12-2014 13:07
Sorry you're not entitled to funding.
You need to be living in the UK for 3 years before the start of your course in order to be eligible for funding.