Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi All
    Just wondered how long most people waited to get any response from their 3 choices. I know it's still early days in Apply 1 but also it seems from other threads on here that many offers have also been given (congrats if you're one if them).

I know this is massively dependant on where people applied. But just a gist would be good.

I have heard of people getting interviews 1-2 days after applying and I also know peiple waiting 2-3 weeks for a response.

What are your experiences please?

ReputationRep:
    I submitted my application with references on Friday 31st October, I got an interview notification for Sheffield Hallam on Tuesday 4th November asking me to attend an interview on the 19th. I was lucky, some people got less than a week's notice of interview. My 2nd choice (Derby) responded on the 12th November for an interview on the 20th (the day after my 1st interview.) My 3rd choice (Escafeld SD) never responded with anything by the time I withdrew from them. From what I've gathered, school direct options generally take longer to respond than straight uni courses. Response-wise, Hallam told me later that same day (although they initially told me I wouldn't find out for a few days). It was great because then I didn't have to go to the next day's interview with Derby.

ReputationRep:
    It's really difficult to tell how long does it take, actually it depends upon the firm who quickly they want to recruit. It's totally depends upon them, sometimes it happens, they will response within one or two days. 0

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.