Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I want to take a gap year before I apply to ucas for a degree in textiles and design next year, but I'm a bit stuck on what to do, I want to gain as much experience as I can, so I can have a strong personal statement and lots to talk about. I've worked in H&M and I've been to a few fashion shows, I don't feel like that's enough to get me into the course I want to do. I was just looking for any advice in getting work experience to do with fashion/textiles. And I'm not sure if I should take a foundation degree in textiles after my gap year or go straight into applying for a degree, would you be able to apply for foundation degrees and BA degrees on ucas at the same time?
    Thank you

Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.