Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I was previously enrolled as a Computer Science student at Queens University Belfast. I dropped out after a couple of years (it wasn't for me) and now after taking a few months break from education, I wish to return.

    I plan on going to a different university this time.

    As far as I can tell, I should be able to get a loan again, although I'm not 100% sure.

    From http://www.nus.org.uk/en/advice/mone...funding-again/
    I found that I should be able to get full support like before
    "If you didn’t complete your course for reasons other than compelling personal circumstances, the funding you can get for further study depends on where you get your funding:

    • England, Wales and Northern Ireland: you can get funding for the ordinary duration of your new course plus one year, but less any years of funded study you’ve undertaken already (partial years of previous study count as full years when calculating what you’re entitled to). For example, if you dropped out of your previous funded course after half a year, and your new course is three years long, you can apply for full funding for the whole three years of your new course (three years for the ordinary course duration, plus one year but minus a whole year for your previous study). If you get your funding in Northern Ireland from Student Finance NI, previous part-time study that didn’t lead to a qualification isn’t taken into account.


    I am assuming that the last sentence from that means that I can reapply for a full loan and my previous loan wont affect it? If any has any ideas or has done this themselves, please let me know. I've only got a few weeks before UCAS closes.

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.