University of Bath Student Bloggers Watch

University of Bath
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to make you aware that if you are considering coming to the Univerisity of Bath, then we have a great new blog site written by first year students.

The aim of our student blog is to provide an insight into what it is like to live and study at Bath, as well as to provide useful advice to those looking to apply to study at university.

There's lots of great blogs on the wide variety of activites you can get involved in here at Bath such as Harry's blog describing how he has gotten involved in formula student, the formula one racing team based at Bath.

These students were in your position only a year ago so they have lots of great help and advice about the application process, for example Matthew's blog about personal statements. He has lots of great tips and advice about what to include in your personal statement and some common mistakes to avoid.

There's also lots of blogs covering moving in and Freshers week so you can find out a bit more about what to expect when you get here.

If you want to know any more about what you read in the blogs or have any other questions at all about University of Bath, please feel free to ask.

Thanks

Claire
University of Bath
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Hi everyone,

Our first year bloggers have officially survived their first semester!

They've all been really busy as Christmas draws nearer, experiencing all that Bath has to offer over Christmas and celebrating with flatmates and socials.

If you haven't taken a look at the blog before, its the perfect chance for you to find out what university life at Bath is like from the perspective of a first year. They write all about the highs and lows of student life, so you can find out just what to expect when you arrive next year!

Our latest blog posts include Mirella telling us the best reasons to study in England for international students, Alexandra let us know all about the benefits of joining a society or club when at university and Matthew got into the Christmas spirit and investigated all the things going on in Bath at this time of year.

Over the next few weeks (after a well-deserved break, of course) our bloggers will be writing essays and revising for their January exams so if you want to find out a bit more about these be sure to check the blog in January.

If you want to find out what its really like to be a student at Bath University, the blog is the best place to look!

If you have any other questions about the blog or about university life in general feel free to quote me and I'd be happy to answer your questions.

Merry Christmas!

Carly
University of Bath
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Our first year Student Bloggers have been continuing to write posts about life at Bath during the Christmas break.

If you are interested in the arts then you may be interested in Millie's post about the Institute of Contemporary Interdisciplinary Arts (ICIA!) at Bath.
University of Bath
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Blog Update!

Our bloggers have officially returned to Bath after their Christmas holidays and exams, ready to start their second semester!

At the moment the bloggers are talking about Refreshers Week , Intersemester Break and how to stick to a student budget.
Also, for anyone who's considering doing Business Administration, Harry has written a post telling you exactly why you should.

I'd definitely recommend reading the blog, especially applicants who are hoping to come to Bath in September and want to know a bit more about it!

Carly
Second Year Modern Languages and European Studies Student
University of Bath
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
If you're interested in studying Integrated Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, French and Spanish or Business Administration at Bath then click on the links to read some blogs from first year students on those courses about their experiences so far!
University of Bath
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Hi Everyone!

Just a reminder that we have a student bloggers page.

It's updated all the time and gives a great insight to being a student at Bath.

Recent posts include:
- Working as an Outreach Tutor
- Laughs after Lectures
- Enjoy the ride - the emotional roller coaster
- What shall I do with my summer?
- Putting the 'Fun' into Fundraising

If you are considering Bath then these blogs might give you an idea of the inside life at Bath and the types of things you could get up to.

I hope they help!

Rob
First year Civil Engineer.
University of Bath
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Hi everyone!

By now I'm sure that you have all received your offers and know if you'll be attending here next year!

Our bloggers are constantly updating the blog and sharing their experiences here at Bath so if you're wondering about what life might be like for you when you start this is a great place to look!

The latest posts:
- Life during lecture breaks
- Finding second year housing
- Ideas of what to do with your summer holidays

The blog is the perfect place to find answers to all of your uni life questions!

Carly
Second year MLES student
University of Bath
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone,

I can imagine now you have received your offers and applied for accommodation, you'll be thinking a lot about university and your future degree course.

I just want to bring to your attention a new blog post about doing a placement.

A large percentage of students at Bath do a placement, the universities reputation with industry is one of the reasons I chose Bath in the first place. I did a placement last year and cannot recommend it enough. Not only does it give you work experience for job prospects after uni, it reinforces a lot of the theory that you learn about, giving you a proper understanding of some real world applications of your area of study. Not to mention all the skills it can teach you e.g. presenting and public speaking, report writing, working in teams, time management and the list goes on.

So if you are thinking of doing a placement then I would give the blog a read, it's got lots of useful information and advice.

Thanks

Claire
Final Year Chemistry Student
Swimgal19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello,
Does anyone know about the bath award and how long it takes to complete and how much work per week has to be put into it to get it and also what volunteering stuff is available? Does it matter if I don't go to a Russell group uni but go to bath
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open day Postgraduate
    Wed, 12 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Engineering & Design, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management, Science Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (412)
37.83%
No - but I will (83)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (519)
47.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed