The Student Room Group

Christian pastor wants 'aids-free Christmas' through mass killing of all homosexuals

'Huffington Post'
NEW YORK -- An American Baptist pastor has called for the mass killing of all homosexuals and transgender people to bring about an “Aids-free world by Christmas”.

Steven Anderson, who preaches at a church in Tempe, Arizona, made the festive suggestion in his sermon on Sunday, which was subsequently uploaded to YouTube.

Entitled, “AIDS: The Judgment of God”, the cheery video shows the prayerful minister telling his flock to “turn to Leviticus” as he has “found the cure for AIDS”.

The caring Christian then bellows, “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.”

“And that, my friend, is the cure for AIDS,” he reveals. “It was right there in the Bible all along... and they’re out spending billions of dollars in research and testing. It’s curable. Right there. Because if you executed the homos like God recommends, you wouldn’t have all this AIDS running rampant.”

Anderson follows this loving homily by squealing: “No homos will ever be allowed in this church as long as I am pastor here. Never! Say ‘You’re crazy.’ No, you’re crazy if you think that there’s something wrong with my ‘no homo’ policy.”

Watch the full clip of the preacher’s sermon below… and happy Christmas.

Thoughts? I find this guy sickening, personally.

Scroll to see replies

What a ****

I hope someone in his family comes out as gay/bi
Reply 2
Well he is a pleasant sounding chap...
Reply 3
I think this is just a natural consequence when you accept ancient texts as literally true. We can call him crazy, but that kind of brushes the problem under the rug a bit. He's an illustration of the danger of accepting dogma.
Reply 4
Original post by Reluire

Aside from all the obvious religious dogma and bigotry, this guy is also an idiot. HIV/Aids affects more than just LGBT people (look at Africa), so in purely practical terms his plan would not lead to an "Aids-free world".
Obviously awful.

But I've heard terrible things from pretty mainstream UK CofE churches. For example, Arabs are descended from Ishamel who was like a "wild donkey" in the Bible...and that's why we have Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden today.

When I queried the preacher on this, he couldn't see anything wrong, and insisted it was in no way racist.
Fairly sure the ~3m children living with AIDs in 2011 weren't actively LGBT, likewise the new infections in women in 2010 being from heterosexual sex 84% of the time, I can't imagine that was down to being LGBT. While gay and bisexual men are most at risk, it's not a disease that only affects them, nor would isolating them stop it, so this seems like just some lunatic trying to justify his bigotry.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
How un-Christian.
Reply 8
As a Christian myself, I find him abhorrent. Such a shame people like him are given such positions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sickening. Absolutely revolting that this fool is allowed to preach such vicious, murderous hatred. And he's beyond ignorant - a majority of all the HIV/AIDS cases in the world are in sub-Saharan Africa and there it's spread overwhelmingly by heterosexual contact.

It genuinely makes me feel ill that I have to share a planet with people like this.
Reply 10
Funny thing being is even if he had his way and all LGBT people were killed, aids would still exist....
Why do people post these kind of stories? People like that fella are just craving attention, so ignore him and let his message die on its own
Reply 12
Good old Christianity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Breaking news: religious extremist bigot expresses extremely bigoted views based on his religion. I'm honestly not surprised by this, there are a lot of hateful religious people in the USA.

In other news: scientists finally conclude that animals of the Ursidae family do indeed defecate in forested areas.
WWJD

Probably spit roast this ****er in hell
Damn lesbo's getting away with it tho "if a man lies with a man...."

What about woman with woman?!

Looks like we know what the Lord likes to ogle at eh?
Remember everyone that religion deserves our respect. You christianophobes
Putting the "Christ" in "Christian."
Original post by Reluire

I think we should carry out his plan JUST to prove him wrong xD
Reply 19
Original post by Lionheart96
I think we should carry out his plan JUST to prove him wrong xD

Don't you think you're being a little bit facetious there? This is genocide we're talking about here...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending