The Student Room Group

English and Drama at Manchester or Sussex University?

I AM IN SUCH A DILEMMA.

I don't know where to go, AAB offers both of them. Here are some pros n cons

Manchester has a really prestigious drama course, amazing alumni, so perhaps i'd get a job easier than if i'd gone to Sussex? In the city there is so much to discover, but it's so big it intimidates me. When i went to Manchester Uni it felt so big and impersonal in contrast to Sussex

Sussex had the most amazing English course ever, the drama course was fine but i just think drama at uni never sounds that amazing. The English course was so amazing! The campus is on site for the first year and i like that kind of closeness!!! But Brighton the city is quite small and there would be less to discover than Manchester?? + it is so close to London that i could get home in about 40 minutes..

I NEED YOUR ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h:
did you make your decision in the end? I chose Sussex over Leeds, mainly because the course is awesome, and when I went to the english applicant day the lecturers were all so approachable and lovely :smile: I hope you're happy with whatever you chose :smile: xxxx

Original post by Elle1997
I AM IN SUCH A DILEMMA.

I don't know where to go, AAB offers both of them. Here are some pros n cons

Manchester has a really prestigious drama course, amazing alumni, so perhaps i'd get a job easier than if i'd gone to Sussex? In the city there is so much to discover, but it's so big it intimidates me. When i went to Manchester Uni it felt so big and impersonal in contrast to Sussex

Sussex had the most amazing English course ever, the drama course was fine but i just think drama at uni never sounds that amazing. The English course was so amazing! The campus is on site for the first year and i like that kind of closeness!!! But Brighton the city is quite small and there would be less to discover than Manchester?? + it is so close to London that i could get home in about 40 minutes..

I NEED YOUR ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending