Turn on thread page Beta

Test Monday, but lost theory test certificate ! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've got my practical test on Monday, however I've lost my theory test certificate. I have the test certificate number / reference however, as the gov.uk website has their own portal for it.

https://www.gov.uk/find-lost-theory-...ificate-number

Do I need the certificate on the day? - Whats the deal with this? - I rang DVSA to get replacement, and he said it won't come in time, however he said that a lot of people sit without?... is this at all credible to justify to the examiner if this comes up? As I have my reference number for my theory pass certificate.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I also brought my certificate but my instructor straight away said "You won't need that".

My instructor also said it's because you won't be able to book a driving practical test without actually passing the theory test first.

When I did my test, all I needed to show was my provisional ID and the paper counterpart.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I had my test today and was panicking last night when I realised my theory certificate was missing but I didn't need it, you only need both parts of your licence

ReputationRep:
    I took mine to my test, but wasn't asked for it, only both parts of my provisional licence. You'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by GGecko)
    Hi,

I've got my practical test on Monday, however I've lost my theory test certificate. I have the test certificate number / reference however, as the gov.uk website has their own portal for it.

https://www.gov.uk/find-lost-theory-...ificate-number

Do I need the certificate on the day? - Whats the deal with this? - I rang DVSA to get replacement, and he said it won't come in time, however he said that a lot of people sit without?... is this at all credible to justify to the examiner if this comes up? As I have my reference number for my theory pass certificate.

Thanks in advance!
    I never had to show mine on any of my 4 tests.
    But id still take the reference number just in case.

ReputationRep:
    My instructor told me not to bring it as I wont need it. He was right.

ReputationRep:
    I took it, he looked at it but it wasn't necessary i don't think

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.