The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Chinese/Korean/Japanese Studies at University of Sheffield 2015 entry

Just wanted to see if there was anyone out there who was applying to the University of Sheffield for 2015 entry to the SEAS department for any subject???

I've applied to the Korean Studies course...

Look forward to hearing from you all . . .
:smile:

Scroll to see replies

I've got an ABB offer for Japanese Studies. Sheffield is definitely going to be my firm.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by MarshmallowMint
I've got an ABB offer for Japanese Studies. Sheffield is definitely going to be my firm.

Wow that's great, I still haven't handed in my application yet, but I applied last year and was made an offer, sadly I didn't get in missed in my a few marks :smile:
Reply 3
I've applied for Japanese. Waiting for an answer 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by xAllyM
I've applied for Japanese. Waiting for an answer ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope we all hear soon, just finished and handed in my application yesterday. I heard back last year in January so I'm hoping for the same again this/next year.
Reply 5
Original post by Danderlilly
I hope we all hear soon, just finished and handed in my application yesterday. I heard back last year in January so I'm hoping for the same again this/next year.

Ahh, same here! I hope we hear soon. Good luck with Korean!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Just got my offer for Japanese. Gotta get ABB ^^
Reply 7
Original post by xAllyM
Just got my offer for Japanese. Gotta get ABB ^^

Congratulations, are you on track to get those grades?? Mines last year was AABB, so about the same in terms with Scottish Quals.
Reply 8
Congratulations, are you on track to get those grades?? Mines last year was AABB, so about the same in terms with Scottish Quals.

For an A and B yes. Gotta bump up Spanish from a C to a B. I shall see how I do in my mocks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wanted to see if there was anyone out there who was applying to the University of Sheffield for 2015 entry to the SEAS department for any subject???

I've applied to the Korean Studies course...

Look forward to hearing from you all . . .
:smile:

Hello I'm a 3rd year Korean Studies & Business Management student at The University of Sheffield, hope everything goes well with you, keep us updated with your application and ask us anything! :smile:

Gloria
Original post by SEASambassadors
Hello I'm a 3rd year Korean Studies & Business Management student at The University of Sheffield, hope everything goes well with you, keep us updated with your application and ask us anything! :smile:

Gloria

Hi Gloria, thanks for getting in touch, i'm sure those of us that will be on here will keep everyone informed. I got a conditional last year so i'm hoping for the same. Plus I have friends there already in first year for Japanese, and Korean.
I met a few of your senior class mates last year, Sini (i think her name was) Owen and i think a second year girl said her name was H?? Hoping to meet you and everyone else in September. :biggrin:
Hello, seems pretty dead in here compared to the last few years posts.

I have just received a conditional offer for Korean Studies, fingers crossed and all.
Original post by KimchiTokki

I have just received a conditional offer for Korean Studies, fingers crossed and all.

Yeah doesn't seem there are many folk on here this time :frown:

My app was just sent away so i'm hoping will hear soon for it Sheffield are pretty quick with their replies.

Good luck with your conditional for this year hope i get the same or even better an unconditional :biggrin:
Yeah doesn't seem there are many folk on here this time :frown:

My app was just sent away so i'm hoping will hear soon for it Sheffield are pretty quick with their replies.

Good luck with your conditional for this year hope i get the same or even better an unconditional :biggrin:

Yeah, I've been really impressed with Sheffield so far; Sending e-mails and booklets and such.

My entry requirements are quite high as I'm a "mature" student. However, It seems like I'm on track.
Yeah, I've been really impressed with Sheffield so far; Sending e-mails and booklets and such.

My entry requirements are quite high as I'm a "mature" student. However, It seems like I'm on track.

I'm a mature student as well so i'm not quite sure what my entry requirements will be plus they are Scottish Quals so no doubt i'll need to pass ALL my modules and get an A in the final exam :s-smilie: no pressure then :biggrin:
I'm a mature student as well so i'm not quite sure what my entry requirements will be plus they are Scottish Quals so no doubt i'll need to pass ALL my modules and get an A in the final exam :s-smilie: no pressure then :biggrin:

Ahh I see. I'm currently undergoing an access course and I'll be 21 once the course starts. Nice to meet another person in the same boat as myself.
Ahh I see. I'm currently undergoing an access course and I'll be 21 once the course starts. Nice to meet another person in the same boat as myself.

That's Kinda of what i'm doing here although my access course is like first year of Uni here, and no doubt i'll be the oldest because i'll be 24 by the time the course starts.
Reply 17
Not sure about Sheffield, but at uclan there are alot of students in their twenties.. Don't worry about it :wink:.

Good luck this year. Smash it
Reply 18

Congratulations! Yeah, this thread is pretty dead. I wish there were more people talking so I could get to know some of you before September~
Original post by xAllyM
Congratulations! Yeah, this thread is pretty dead. I wish there were more people talking so I could get to know some of you before September~

Last years thread i made there was really only 3-4 of us so we moved over to a fb page and by then end of september there were like over 40 people on it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest