Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To quit my job or not to quit my job- THAT is the question. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Lmao I'm so lame)
    Right, so I got a Christmas Temp job about 2 months ago, I'm in basically just whenever they need me. BUTTTT, I got a permanent part-time job last week, and with college work and all other daily life stresses, I know that I cant fit everything in!
    My Christmas job is minimum wage I work about 3 shifts a week (Saturday Sunday and either Wednesday or Thursday- like 19 hours a week), and the new part-time one is £7 an hour (which is amaziiiing- for me, anyway! And is like 2/3 shifts a week, with overtime, double pay after 11PM Friday-Saturday (which is most shifts) and time and a half quiet often too- my sister works there). I'm just not sure if I should ride it out on the Christmas temp job (as it's only like 3 weeks or so) or quit it now so that I have time for things, it's gunna' be awkward trying to fit shifts from both jobs in, and Christmas is the busiest (/most well paid) time for my new job, and summer is pretty empty!
    I know I blabber on farrrrr too much, but I was just wondering what you guys think? I get stressed pretty easily (if you cant already tell) and will struggle doing everything (especially college work!), but it is only 3 weeks...right?
    Thank you in advance!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Laureeeen)
    (Lmao I'm so lame)
    Right, so I got a Christmas Temp job about 2 months ago, I'm in basically just whenever they need me. BUTTTT, I got a permanent part-time job last week, and with college work and all other daily life stresses, I know that I cant fit everything in!
    My Christmas job is minimum wage I work about 3 shifts a week (Saturday Sunday and either Wednesday or Thursday- like 19 hours a week), and the new part-time one is £7 an hour (which is amaziiiing- for me, anyway! And is like 2/3 shifts a week, with overtime, double pay after 11PM Friday-Saturday (which is most shifts) and time and a half quiet often too- my sister works there). I'm just not sure if I should ride it out on the Christmas temp job (as it's only like 3 weeks or so) or quit it now so that I have time for things, it's gunna' be awkward trying to fit shifts from both jobs in, and Christmas is the busiest (/most well paid) time for my new job, and summer is pretty empty!
    I know I blabber on farrrrr too much, but I was just wondering what you guys think? I get stressed pretty easily (if you cant already tell) and will struggle doing everything (especially college work!), but it is only 3 weeks...right?
    Thank you in advance!
    I know it goes without saying, but take the new job.
    Only you can decide if you think you can cope with the both jobs for the next 3 weeks- depending on how much work etc you have.
    It might be worth giving it a week, to see how you get on, and if you manage ok- then you could ride it out, but if you find it hard, then you can pack the christmas job in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    I know it goes without saying, but take the new job.
    Only you can decide if you think you can cope with the both jobs for the next 3 weeks- depending on how much work etc you have.
    It might be worth giving it a week, to see how you get on, and if you manage ok- then you could ride it out, but if you find it hard, then you can pack the christmas job in.
    Thanks for the reply!
    I think I'm going to do that, give it a week of working both jobs and see how I go! I'm definitely taking the new job, I was hired by the end of the interview and the people are lovellly!
    I completely forgot that the Christmas holidays are soon, so I should have no problem (hopefully!) working both jobs, as I wont be in college!
    Okay, everything is cleared up, thanks again! x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Laureeeen)
    Thanks for the reply!
    I think I'm going to do that, give it a week of working both jobs and see how I go! I'm definitely taking the new job, I was hired by the end of the interview and the people are lovellly!
    I completely forgot that the Christmas holidays are soon, so I should have no problem (hopefully!) working both jobs, as I wont be in college!
    Okay, everything is cleared up, thanks again! x
    Hope everything goes ok, especially with the new job.
    I agree that the holidays are soon- so you should be fine then.
    Let me know how you get on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Hope everything goes ok, especially with the new job.
    I agree that the holidays are soon- so you should be fine then.
    Let me know how you get on.
    Aww, I definitely will do! Thank you again!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.