quitting rent Watch

Randall88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys,

so I am looking for a flat to rent from January until the end of 2nd trimester. Problem is, the minimum rent period is 6 months.

Would it be too much of a problem, if I decided to move out after 4 months lets say? I heard and read different opinions on this and I know it depends a lot on the landlord as well.

What do you think? Anybody has done this before?
Cheers
askew116
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You would need to either pay the extra 2 months rent, or introduce the landlord to new tenants to take up those final 2 months. The landlord would be under no obligation to accept the new tenants, although most wouldn't unreasonably refuse.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Randall88)
Hey guys,

so I am looking for a flat to rent from January until the end of 2nd trimester. Problem is, the minimum rent period is 6 months.

Would it be too much of a problem, if I decided to move out after 4 months lets say? I heard and read different opinions on this and I know it depends a lot on the landlord as well.

What do you think? Anybody has done this before?
Cheers
Entriely depends on the tenancy agreement and what your landlord agrees to.

I have left a tenancy agreement just 2 months in before.
Randall88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
okey. Did you have to give any reason for doing so? Or was it based just on an agreement with the landlord?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (441)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (555)
47.68%

Watched Threads