Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

so I am looking for a flat to rent from January until the end of 2nd trimester. Problem is, the minimum rent period is 6 months.

Would it be too much of a problem, if I decided to move out after 4 months lets say? I heard and read different opinions on this and I know it depends a lot on the landlord as well.

What do you think? Anybody has done this before?
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    You would need to either pay the extra 2 months rent, or introduce the landlord to new tenants to take up those final 2 months. The landlord would be under no obligation to accept the new tenants, although most wouldn't unreasonably refuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Randall88)
    Hey guys,

so I am looking for a flat to rent from January until the end of 2nd trimester. Problem is, the minimum rent period is 6 months.

Would it be too much of a problem, if I decided to move out after 4 months lets say? I heard and read different opinions on this and I know it depends a lot on the landlord as well.

What do you think? Anybody has done this before?
    Cheers
    Entriely depends on the tenancy agreement and what your landlord agrees to.

I have left a tenancy agreement just 2 months in before.

ReputationRep:
    okey. Did you have to give any reason for doing so? Or was it based just on an agreement with the landlord?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.