Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Be afraid :afraid: panic, run around screaming because according to some newspapers we are in for the most severe winter in years. Reality it is just sensationalised and normal winter conditions are expected, although suppose if they keep predicting it each year, one year they will get it right. I swear they just edit the title each time.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature...tter-freeze-UK

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, it has been bloody freezing these last few nights. Like too cold to open the car cold.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Been chilly lately yes, but this is known as winter right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Be afraid :afraid: panic, run around screaming because according to some newspapers we are in for the most severe winter in years. Reality it is just sensationalised and normal winter conditions are expected, although suppose if they keep predicting it each year, one year they will get it right. I swear they just edit the title each time.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature...tter-freeze-UK

the express are notorious for publishing weather based *******s... it was the same last year ... we were going to have eskimo stylee weather but there was barely any snow at all :mad:

it's not just me !!

http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.co.uk/...-accurate.html
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by the bear)
    the express are notorious for publishing weather based *******s... it was the same last year ... we were going to have eskimo stylee weather but there was barely any snow at all :mad:
    Yeah we had what a week of chilly weather at the end of November then just constant wind and rain until the end of February, was rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    These Express stories have been doing the rounds since August. Meanwhile in more rational news outlets, they tell us we're heading for the warmest year on record: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30311816
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    These Express stories have been doing the rounds since August. Meanwhile in more rational news outlets, they tell us we're heading for the warmest year on record: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30311816
    I doesn't feel like the warmest on record although certainly one of the warmest, 2003 I am sure was warmer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I doesn't feel like the warmest on record although certainly one of the warmest, 2003 I am sure was warmer.
    I vaguely remember it being warm, but I was in Germany then (and Iraq in the spring of that year). I don't think we've had a really warm summer, but I think it's been consistently above average in spring and autumn compared to other years.

Woo cold Although, I did spend 50 mins outside waiting for a train last night and it was... not fun:afraid:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    August 1900, you mean?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I vaguely remember it being warm, but I was in Germany then (and Iraq in the spring of that year). I don't think we've had a really warm summer, but I think it's been consistently above average in spring and autumn compared to other years.
    Ah could have been, I remember June onwards till about end of September being insanely warm, indeed the record temperature was broken in August when it hit 38.5C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    August 1900, you mean?
    I was going off the first line of the story there :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I was waiting an hour or so at UCLH for a friend,damn I can't even feel my fingers. I'm scared to leave the house again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I was waiting an hour or so at UCLH for a friend,damn I can't even feel my fingers. I'm scared to leave the house again
    I love this weather just hope it snows

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Woo cold Although, I did spend 50 mins outside waiting for a train last night and it was... not fun:afraid:
    bear™ will soon warm you up Maid

ReputationRep:
    :claus:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=_Charlotte15;52034545]I love this weather just hope it snows

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

Are you for real?

(Original post by the bear)
    bear™ will soon warm you up Maid

Oooh are you going to collect firewood for me and start up a fire?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Every time I see a sensationalised weather warning it seems to be from the Express.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The express always seem to have such poorly written articles.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.