The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

I'm thinking about leaving

Feeling left out. I've really not got involved enough in uni, i've been an idiot. Signed up to societies, only went to one social and found it really hard to talk to people, they were already in full conversations. I like my course, I like the university, I like everything, I just feel left out. People are sorting their accomodation for next year and I've got no-one to look with. I have 2 close friends; 1 is likely to be leaving university, and the other is an international student so will be staying in halls again next year.

This has got me really worried about what I'm going to do next year, and now it's dawned on me I don't have that many friends. I get on well with lots of people, even my flatmates. But I feel isolated. They're not the people I'm used to. They're bitchy, two faced. And I got off on the wrong foot with a few of them.

If I could leave right now, with the reassurance that I could start again next year, I'd snap it up. I've messed up my first semester, social wise, and it's affected my ability to study. I feel stressed and slightly depressed and turn to playing games and sleeping.

Is it likely Manchester can give me a second chance and let me start again next year? Would I have to go through UCAS again, I didn't get the grades to meet my entry requirements for the course, so I'm not sure they'd even accept me if I were to apply again. Would it be too late now to go to college and resit? since applications are handed in by 2 months.

In terms of finances what would happen? I've had 2 payments (grant and bursary) and would I still have to pay for accomodation and course fees for the rest of the year?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Perhaps you ought to consider going to, and getting advice and help from, the Students’ Union Advice Service and the University Counselling Service. I hope that things work out for you.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
No don't go I will miss staring at you in the library!
Reply 3
Following on from my earlier post, I think it would be worth seeing a counsellor or advisor at the university because you could explore all the options that were open to you including some that you might not have thought about before. I think a second opinion might be useful in this instance. Good luck anyways!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending