Finance for non EU international students Watch

Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey there

I'm an Australian citizen with a British ancestry visa. This visa allows me to study and work for he next four years in England but I just want to know what sort of funding, if any, I would have access to if I were to enrol in a foundation degree for next year. I can't find any info anywhere.

Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 2
Report 4 years ago
Hi there.

For students who have not lived in the UK for the three years prior to their course, but have lived in the EU for those years, you can apply to us for a loan for tuition fees only.

If however you chose to work whilst you are in the UK and studying, or are related to someone who currently is such as a parent or spouse, you can apply as a 'migrant worker' and receive the same level of funding as a UK student.


Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


University open days

  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1114)
Leave (298)

Watched Threads

View All