Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the most you spend on a T-shirt? watch

ReputationRep:
    T-shirts are the most versatile form of self expression in fashion - they open up a window into the wearer's personality whether that be a preference of music, style, sport, etc. Even a blank T shirt can say a lot about a person. On top of this, almost everyone wears them! Either for going on a night out, or sweating in at the gym, or just lounging around at home.

While Primark offers a cheap and easy £3 and leading brands easily exceeding £30 these days, the question I ask is what is the most you would spend on a T shirt? How much do you care about the clothing for all occasions?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I spent £20 on a t-shirt once. It tells people I'm in Gryffindor.

ReputationRep:
    The T-shirt I paid most for was a Nike T-shirt!Got it for £15.
    But I think my cheaper T-shirts are much better!

ReputationRep:
    I'll spend about £25 sometimes on a Superdry one, but tend to go a bit nuts when the sale is on and they're half price. Anything above that isn't worth it imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    aha totally worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Slytherin ftw

:rofl:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by the bear)
    Slytherin ftw

:rofl:
    Pottermore put me in Hufflepuff... Don't tell anyone...

ReputationRep:
    £30 for merch at concerts. My Watch The Throne tee was £30 but very worth it because I still wear it 18 months later & it's in great condition.

ReputationRep:
    i bought some nice stripy t shirts at a French supermarché ... they were 5 euros each. in this country my most expensive ones would be the Hobgoblin Gift t shirts which came with a bottle of beer... about £3 for the gift pack.

Name:  hgts.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  160.5 KB
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    £25 on a personalised one from RedBubble

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I don't like to spend much on t-shirts, despite the fact I wear them most often. Instead, I prefer to invest more money into things like jumpers and jackets, when cost to usage is considered, not just the fact jackets are often more expensive than shirts

Think the most expensive one I own is a criminal damage one or some other t-shirt from Topman :P

ReputationRep:
    £25 on this.

Otherwise, it'll probably be gig merch that costs the most. Bough a Sikth tee the other day for £15 IIRC.

ReputationRep:
    £100

ReputationRep:
    £80

ReputationRep:
    Most I ever paid was 20 quid at a concert. It depends on the shirt, really. There's a fantastic t-shirt shirt I got second-hand from my Grandad, it's grey with a minimalistic Coral Shores Hurricanes logo. Fits perfectly. I'd pay 30 quid for a replacement even though it's just a shirt...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.