Turn on thread page Beta

Today's Math Exam... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tintin)
    nope, i mean most of it was sin cos , cmpound intrest , probability etc which is simple and on GCSE , the more chalenging part was the notation questions like A U B etc
    i agree...math studies is really easy..in my school most students take harder courses before they start ib, like algebra 2...i mean studies dont even do logs..I would still take it if i could avoid doing math higher but you really dont learn much more than you do in pre ib courses in most schools...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    yeah this paper 1 was sooo much easier than our mock (nov 2003). I'm so relived.
    -Linda (using Jonatan's computer and beeing too lazy to change username).
    easier?!?!?

i had 85 /90 on that paper (nov 2003) and 2 day i scored maximum 70

AND I REALLY NEED A 7!!!!

hope that there will be no ****in statistic tomo...

ReputationRep:
    Our mock was May 2003...but i did November as a past paper. Thank god there was no differential equation about radioactive half life... I found one on a past paper and just freaked! Good Luck with paper 2!

ReputationRep:
    i found the novermber 2003 one quite a bit easier actually..did LOTS of stupid mistakes today!as soon as i left and everyone was discussing it i was like oohhhh cr*p!

oh well..paper 2 tomorrow..

ReputationRep:
    Ok, this math paper was really messed up big time!
    The IB sucks...lol.....
    I hope I do better on the other papers....

ReputationRep:
    does anyone kno what the hell the IB wanted for the answer to that functions graph, what were the two equations to find the constants m and c?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vatrass)
    easier?!?!?

i had 85 /90 on that paper (nov 2003) and 2 day i scored maximum 70

AND I REALLY NEED A 7!!!!

hope that there will be no ****in statistic tomo...
    I agree...I loved the nov 2003 exam....I was actually able to do everything with time to spare!!!
    Prepare for a humongous probability question tomorrow!! (there hasn't been a major one in May & Nov 2003...)

ReputationRep:
    Oh well you guys, once math is over, the worst is over, at least that's what I think. But I really wondered what the angle between those two vectors was....so if anybody knows.....
    What do you guys still have ahead? I have English A1 on monday, then bio sl and history hl, and then chemistry hl and german a2 sl.....
    good luck all of you!!!

ReputationRep:
    Methods was just too much work for the time, some questions were quite hard...
    HL was relatively easy...

ReputationRep:
    I found today's HL Math Paper 1 to be extremely easy.

ReputationRep:
    Math Methods Paper 2 wasn't bad at all was it?

What did u guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Math Methods Paper 2 wasn't bad at all was it?

What did u guys think?
    Yes! God had mercy on us! (:
    I couldnt figure out the last part to question 5 though... I ran out of time...the one about doctors...otherwise it was loads better than yesterday's paper1!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, math methods paper two was great, really nice questions, sooooo happy that math is out of the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firestar)
    Oh well you guys, once math is over, the worst is over, at least that's what I think. But I really wondered what the angle between those two vectors was....so if anybody knows.....
    What do you guys still have ahead? I have English A1 on monday, then bio sl and history hl, and then chemistry hl and german a2 sl.....
    good luck all of you!!!
    if we're talking about the same question it was 90 degrees, or pi/2 radians if you wish.

ReputationRep:
    I meant the angle between the vectors for the question on paper 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Shines_)
    Okay, if we are talking paper 1 here- guess I missed the probability and compound interest-- cuz it wasn't on there!
    Unless u've done paper 2 at the same time.....
    UH yeah it was ! i think the IB are issuing different papers to different parts if the world this year !!! on another forum there has been the same comments about the physics paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahwhatevver)
    Yes! God had mercy on us! (:
    I couldnt figure out the last part to question 5 though... I ran out of time...the one about doctors...otherwise it was loads better than yesterday's paper1!!
    i plotted the ratio of the two equations on my GDC, then x-solve for Y=600 to get the answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    i plotted the ratio of the two equations on my GDC, then x-solve for Y=600 to get the answer
    Which question r u talkin about????

Is it 5????????

there was no need to plot any graph here... at least i think so....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vatrass)
    Which question r u talkin about????

Is it 5????????

there was no need to plot any graph here... at least i think so....
    instead of solving it algebraically I let my GDC do it for me.

ReputationRep:
    for the SL paper 1..did anyone notice that the 2nd question didn't really have a question on it?...
    it was only describing the diagram......... :confused:

anyway, I found them okay, but I ran out of time sort of, on both paper 1 and 2

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.