Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've got an interview next week for the PGCE primary course

This may sound like a silly question but do you have to contact them to confirm your attendance.On the email from Edge Hill they advised to contact if you were not able to attend, but make no reference to contact them if you are able to attend. On the email from UCAS they say to let them know either way, so was just a bit confused!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

You don't have to email them to confirm, only if you are unable to make it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachiec11)
    Hi,

I've got an interview next week for the PGCE primary course

This may sound like a silly question but do you have to contact them to confirm your attendance.On the email from Edge Hill they advised to contact if you were not able to attend, but make no reference to contact them if you are able to attend. On the email from UCAS they say to let them know either way, so was just a bit confused!
    Hi, do you mind me asking how your interview went? I have one in February and I'm dreading it any advice would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aoifen1992)
    Hi, do you mind me asking how your interview went? I have one in February and I'm dreading it any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    I wouldn't worry! It's a really laid back day and not too scary! The day consists of having your qualifications checked, then they is a very short presentation/introduction. You then start the English maths and science tests, they are not too bad and are multiple choice, which helps a lot! I would say to revise a bit of science, I just went on bitesize but again they aren't too difficult! There is also a written task to do, my question was about the importance of inclusion. While doing these tests you are called out in groups for the individual and group tasks.

For this you are sat with another candidate and two interviewers. You then do your presentation on the book you have prepared. This isn't too bad, they don't ask you any questions, but they ask you to ask a questions to the other candidate. After this you then have you individual interview, this is just a 1 on 1 interview, so much more relaxing! There wasn't any scary questions, just the usual why you want to be a teacher, what qualities should a teacher have, can you think of a bad lessons you have observed etc. After this you then go back to finish the tests, then the day is over after that!

As long as you are prepared for the group task, and have some just revise some answers for interview questions you should be fine.

Good Luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a million did you confirm your attendance anywhere? I was looking on UCAS and the email from Edge Hill but can't see anything about it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aoifen1992)
    Thanks a million did you confirm your attendance anywhere? I was looking on UCAS and the email from Edge Hill but can't see anything about it :/
    No you don't have to confirm your attendance, think you just let them know if you can't make it

ReputationRep:
    When did you have your interview???? I had mine one the 22nd and been offered a place, I was with a girl called Rachel and wondering if it was you,!! Haha x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amynatasha92)
    When did you have your interview???? I had mine one the 22nd and been offered a place, I was with a girl called Rachel and wondering if it was you,!! Haha x
    Hi, I had my interview in December, so not me! Haha

Congrats on your place though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amynatasha92)
    I had an successful interview on the 22nd aswell! Have you had your letter from edge hill yet? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushthemonkeys)
    I had an successful interview on the 22nd aswell! Have you had your letter from edge hill yet? X

Hiya... Yes I received my letter the following Friday!! Have you?? X

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I have an interview next week at Edge Hill for PGCE Primary.

Can I ask how you presented your book or object? This is the part I am most worried about.

I would really appreciate anything you can tell me.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi All!

I have an interview next week for a PGCE in business education at edge hill! I am bascially look for any help or tips you can give me I am sooo nervous! I have to teach a skill or area of expertise for 5 minutes to another candidate which can or may not be business related, the choice is mine! Can anybody help who has been to this interview or something similar on pointers on how to come across - eg did you use power point etc? I am so lost!

Also any tips on the questions they ask you in the interview?

Any information at all will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Jen!

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Dec '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Edge Hill University resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.