Turn on thread page Beta

Slight moral dilemma, do I smoke weed with my girlfriend? watch

Staying anon because her sister is on here xD

Hey everyone.

Basically, my girlfriend and I were having a discussion the other day. She's 17 and at college, I'm 18 and have just started university. She said she's always wanted to try smoking cannabis, just to say she's done it, she's curious and she wants to know what it feels like. However, she said she's scared and that she's never really been around people she trusts enough to smoke it with them. I too have been curious, however have just never really got around to trying it, but I would really like to, just once to see if I like it. Neither of us smoke tobacco or take any other drugs.

Part of me wants to suggest that I'll get some and we can try it together, however I feel a bit immoral about suggesting this. She's a year and nine months younger than me and I don't know why, but something just doesn't feel right about supplying my girlfriend with drugs. If her family ever found out, it could cause huge problems for obvious reasons. Yet part of me thinks it'd be really fun and that it could be an interesting experience for us to have as a couple.

What does everyone else think? Should I get some and we can go for it? Or should I just leave her to it and see if she does it herself? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Staying anon because her sister is on here xD

Hey everyone.

Basically, my girlfriend and I were having a discussion the other day. She's 17 and at college, I'm 18 and have just started university. She said she's always wanted to try smoking cannabis, just to say she's done it, she's curious and she wants to know what it feels like. However, she said she's scared and that she's never really been around people she trusts enough to smoke it with them. I too have been curious, however have just never really got around to trying it, but I would really like to, just once to see if I like it. Neither of us smoke tobacco or take any other drugs.

Part of me wants to suggest that I'll get some and we can try it together, however I feel a bit immoral about suggesting this. She's a year and nine months younger than me and I don't know why, but something just doesn't feel right about supplying my girlfriend with drugs. If her family ever found out, it could cause huge problems for obvious reasons. Yet part of me thinks it'd be really fun and that it could be an interesting experience for us to have as a couple.

What does everyone else think? Should I get some and we can go for it? Or should I just leave her to it and see if she does it herself? Thanks
    You both shouldn't do it.
    It might seem like 'fun' at first but you hear all too many tragic stories of people following a similar path to yours there may be some truth in these stories so I would say if you want a long-term relationship don't do it not that it should matter.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her that.

Relationships are based on communication

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadoo)
    You both shouldn't do it.
    It might seem like 'fun' at first but you hear all too many tragic stories of people following a similar path to yours there may be some truth in these stories so I would say if you want a long-term relationship don't do it not that it should matter.
    What tragic stories? Surely, if anything, it'll bring them closer?

ReputationRep:
    hi, i speak with experience of smoking it before and coming from relationships where the ex had been a serious pot head.
    initially you may feel sick if you smoke too much, known as whitying (no official spelling for the word)
    it does become bery expensive if turned into a habbit but causes paranoia and relationship problems depending on who smokes what or how much or other such problems.
    there is no recorded death of cannibis and there are much more harmful things out there, but there are pros to this as well, a great nights sleep, stress relaxation, the giggles and munchies haha.

but seriously, weigh up the pros and cons first! im glad im in a relationship with a guy who doesnt smoke it (being in the army) and i can honestly say its a great feeling knowing he doesnt smoke it

good luck!!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    "If you don't give it to her someone else will."

You hear this quite often about Relationships.

Thanks for your feedback all I doubt it would become a habit, neither of us seem to have an addictive nature. She rarely drinks and isn't that bothered about it, she's tried smoking but didn't like it so didn't do it again. I've tried smoking and I drink a bit (but I am at uni), I've never really felt addicted to anything before or had anybody tell me I'm addicted.

If she were to experience it with anyone, I'd like it to be me, at least then I can make a judgement of what she'd be like if she went off and smoked with other people. Also, she knows she could trust me if anything went wrong and vice versa. The only thing that really worries me is that people speak of weed as being a "gateway" drug, if she ever experimented with anything hard, I could see me blaming myself.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your feedback all I doubt it would become a habit, neither of us seem to have an addictive nature. She rarely drinks and isn't that bothered about it, she's tried smoking but didn't like it so didn't do it again. I've tried smoking and I drink a bit (but I am at uni), I've never really felt addicted to anything before or had anybody tell me I'm addicted.

If she were to experience it with anyone, I'd like it to be me, at least then I can make a judgement of what she'd be like if she went off and smoked with other people. Also, she knows she could trust me if anything went wrong and vice versa. The only thing that really worries me is that people speak of weed as being a "gateway" drug, if she ever experimented with anything hard, I could see me blaming myself.
    Well, it would be your fault. It's illegal for a reason.

ReputationRep:

The only thing it's a "gateway" to is the fridge.
    Cannabis is a very tame drug compared to most others, people who have smoked cannabis then gone on to take other drugs would've been likely to take other drugs regardless of whether they smoked weed first.

Let me put it like this: you drink, right? Well, alcohol's a drug. Have you ever been tempted to shoot heroin? No? Then why would smoking cannabis make you suddenly want to shoot up?

The "gateway drug" argument is a ridiculous one, and as such, you have nothing to worry about

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.