Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    i want to tell my teacher about me being depressed, but i dont know how to tell her, im really scared about telling her,
    any advice?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Maybe catch them at the end of a lesson, in their office, or a classroom perhaps and ask them for help with your problem, and then tell them about it. I think I would ask them if I could speak to them at a certain time during lunch or similar. Maybe tell her that you want to speak somewhere more quiet. Before you do it, maybe it would be helpful to write a little list of bullet points of the things you know you want to say?

I know you'll be fine, keep us updated!

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much!!
    that really helped, i dont feel quite so scared now, so thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought about writing a note and giving it to her, or sending her an email? When I had to tell my parents about mental health stuff I did it in the form of a letter because that way I was able to make sure I said everything I wanted to say, instead of getting scared or flustered when talking and not saying what I wanted to.

Well done for deciding to tell someone though, hopefully they'll be able to support you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why tell your teacher? what about your mother/father??

ReputationRep:
    well i told my teacher because i dont like telling my parents anything, and the school are more supportive
    thank you everyone that helped it went really well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth xx)
    hi,
    i want to tell my teacher about me being depressed, but i dont know how to tell her, im really scared about telling her,
    any advice?

thanks
    I think first to tell your parents about your depression they will know you better than your teacher. So just tell your parents about your problem so you can rid from depression soon.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.