depression Watch

beth xx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hi,
i want to tell my teacher about me being depressed, but i dont know how to tell her, im really scared about telling her,
any advice?

thanks
Nijuuninichi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maybe catch them at the end of a lesson, in their office, or a classroom perhaps and ask them for help with your problem, and then tell them about it. I think I would ask them if I could speak to them at a certain time during lunch or similar. Maybe tell her that you want to speak somewhere more quiet. Before you do it, maybe it would be helpful to write a little list of bullet points of the things you know you want to say?

I know you'll be fine, keep us updated!
beth xx
Rep:
?
thank you so much!!
that really helped, i dont feel quite so scared now, so thank you very much!
Nijuuninichi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm glad. Good luck!
Odd socks
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you thought about writing a note and giving it to her, or sending her an email? When I had to tell my parents about mental health stuff I did it in the form of a letter because that way I was able to make sure I said everything I wanted to say, instead of getting scared or flustered when talking and not saying what I wanted to.

Well done for deciding to tell someone though, hopefully they'll be able to support you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Limpopo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why tell your teacher? what about your mother/father??
beth xx
Rep:
?
well i told my teacher because i dont like telling my parents anything, and the school are more supportive
thank you everyone that helped it went really well
andyrr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by beth xx)
hi,
i want to tell my teacher about me being depressed, but i dont know how to tell her, im really scared about telling her,
any advice?

thanks
I think first to tell your parents about your depression they will know you better than your teacher. So just tell your parents about your problem so you can rid from depression soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (362)
37.47%
No - but I will (74)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (67)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (463)
47.93%

Watched Threads