The Student Room Group

(Maddie from UoLeeds ChemEng Dept. Day 3/12/14) Finding a way to keep in contact

Hey!
I went to an applicant day at the University of Leeds for a post-offer department Open Day. I met someone and we chatted a bit. I really wanted to stay in contact with them but never got the chance to talk about that.

I know their first name, what they want to study at Uni and where they've applied. Obviously I know what they look like and that they live in the UK, but I can't think of any way to contact them e.g. on FB.

Anyone have an idea?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey 😄 do you not know their last name? That's going to be pretty hard to find if you've only got their first name haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by alexandraflo96
Hey do you not know their last name? That's going to be pretty hard to find if you've only got their first name haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know I really regret not asking them their surname. :frown:
If you have an idea of where they come from, you could google it :smile: cant think if any other way otherwise without sounding like a pedo :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SJT97
I know I really regret not asking them their surname. :frown:

It's pretty rubbish but you never know, they might end up at the same uni as you 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by alexandraflo96
It's pretty rubbish but you never know, they might end up at the same uni as you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the optimism but I doubt it. We both applied to Cambridge and IF we get in, its different colleges anyway. My next choice is not likely Leeds and I'm not sure if they would like to go to Leeds greatly.

PS: I guess I'm more annoyed because we were in a group of 5 for interview. 2 people were from Cumbria and Essex, but I didn't hear what the other 2 said :frown:
I wish I had better ears haha :biggrin:
Reply 6
Go on Facebook, type the person's first name and search through all the options until you find that person's photo. If they are not there, move on to the next social media site, and continue.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by theJdog
Go on Facebook, type the person's first name and search through all the options until you find that person's photo. If they are not there, move on to the next social media site, and continue.

That was my only thought but its so time-consuming, I was hoping for something better.
Reply 8
Original post by SJT97
That was my only thought but its so time-consuming, I was hoping for something better.

LOL I was joking, don't actually do that (unless you are INCREDIBLY DESPO to find this person). I guess unfortunately there isn't much you can do, it might be quite hard to find this person in the whole UK.
Reply 9
Yeah I was about to admit its a wild goose chase. :frown:
It's a shame because I really liked them and would like to find out how they get on with interviews.

Quick Reply