How do people afford such houses?! Watch

Blyts-_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What jobs do you think the people who own these houses have?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes....html/svr/3118

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-....html/svr/3118

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-....html/svr/3118
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Chimney sweeper?
Blue_Mason
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Inheritance or marry into wealth
Enoxial
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mortgages?
Buxtonwater
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't know the statistics but I would bet that most people that own houses like this are born into it, apart from that it's the rich Russian oligarchs etc
Manitude
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
CEOs or high-ups in businesses, people involved in films or top musicians and people who work in finance I would imagine.

It doesn't seem like value for money to me. The house I live in is maybe more than half that size but worth less than 1% as much and isn't in the middle of a massive city.
aoxa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're forgetting these are London prices. There are houses that size near to where I live and they're probably around £2-10 million. Apparently Peter Kay brought a house somewhere around here, but no one has ever seen him yet - he probably got lost in >£million house.

If you have that much money, you're probably born into it, and just keep on making more money.
neal95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
work hard play hard
Lyrical Prodigy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Top business people, those that have inherited money?, Euromillions winners, royals? etc etc

The second property looks much better than the first one but its significantly 'cheaper'. You pay for location I guess.
tibis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
those houses have been on the market for a long time now, atleast 2 years iirc. they really aren't anything that special and overpriced.
it is rare for really nice houses to go on property websites such as rightmove and to be sold by most estate agents.

how do people get rich? making lots of money in stocks and shares, good jobs in big money making industries such as in banking etc, corruption, illegal activities and also inheritance and marrying into it as other people have said.

but not working hard. people who make ridiculous amount of money do not work hard compared to most people who make very little.
they usually pay other people to work for them if there is hard work to be done.
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As the people above have stated......alternatively they are also seen has investments, so groups could be buying to sell in the future
Balloon Baboon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mafiosi
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (83)
39.34%
No - but I will (9)
4.27%
No - I don't want to (14)
6.64%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
49.76%

Watched Threads