Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    are there any unofficial papers/markschemes up for the AQA Additional Science June 2014 series?
    If so, please post a link.

Thanks, it'd me much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Many people are asking for the 2014 papers.
    Have you covered the whole Additional Syllabus?
    If you haven't it's unlikely they'll give you the 2014 paper, as it has things you haven't covered yet.

Because, I'm doing Additional, and we've only covered the first 3 topics of each science, so our mocks are going to be a series of questions put together based on what we've done for each paper.

ReputationRep:
    There is no unofficial paper. I think there is an unofficial mark scheme floating around TSR somewhere (at least there was one for P3) but that being said, as long as you knew the content, the paper (for any of the sciences) wasn't that bad. Asking for the papers you know what coming up in your mock won't help. You won't know what going to come up in your GCSE, so cheating now is kind of pointless. Rather do badly in the mock and give you the motivation to revise for the actual thing than doing well in the mock, and taking the GCSE as a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grade)
    Many people are asking for the 2014 papers.
    Have you covered the whole Additional Syllabus?
    If you haven't it's unlikely they'll give you the 2014 paper, as it has things you haven't covered yet.

Because, I'm doing Additional, and we've only covered the first 3 topics of each science, so our mocks are going to be a series of questions put together based on what we've done for each paper.
    we've covered the first 4 topics for additional.
    have you sat any of the mocks for them yet?
    I have maths and English as well so I want to get an idea on what to revise more of....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aoxa)
    There is no unofficial paper. I think there is an unofficial mark scheme floating around TSR somewhere (at least there was one for P3) but that being said, as long as you knew the content, the paper (for any of the sciences) wasn't that bad. Asking for the papers you know what coming up in your mock won't help. You won't know what going to come up in your GCSE, so cheating now is kind of pointless. Rather do badly in the mock and give you the motivation to revise for the actual thing than doing well in the mock, and taking the GCSE as a joke.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STUDYREVISE)
    Point taken. but we've only covered a bit of the spec so I know its not 2014, I just want to get a gist of the paper.
    The mock results are sent to colleges and the one I am applying to is private and literally wants "no less than an A grade in the mock exams of the subjects that will be taken at Advanced Level".
    That's why. we've been over the rest of the papers in class, just wondering about the 2014 one.
    Thanks though
    *rolls eyes*

As I said before, if you know the content, you'll be fine. You could get 38/60 on most of the papers and still get an A.

P2 was full of formulas, C2 had acids bases and salts, B2 had a question (and diagram) of lobsters, and their speciation. I can't remember anything else, it was a long time ago and I've managed to block the pain of the GCSE period out.

ReputationRep:
    what came up on enzymes?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by STUDYREVISE)
    are there any unofficial papers/markschemes up for the AQA Additional Science June 2014 series?
    If so, please post a link.

Thanks, it'd me much appreciated.
    (Original post by r_ss)
    what came up on enzymes?
    (Original post by aoxa)
    *rolls eyes*

As I said before, if you know the content, you'll be fine. You could get 38/60 on most of the papers and still get an A.

P2 was full of formulas, C2 had acids bases and salts, B2 had a question (and diagram) of lobsters, and their speciation. I can't remember anything else, it was a long time ago and I've managed to block the pain of the GCSE period out.
    Please do not try to cheat in your mocks by using TSR.
    If you had seen the questions beforehand then doing a mock would be pointless, this is the entire reason why that paper hasn't been released to the public yet. Please do not ask for any of the June 2014 papers, questions or answers. Likewise do not offer to give any of these to others doing their mocks. Any posts attempting to do so will be removed.

Thread closed.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.